Honeymooning couples in Idaho will find something old, something new, and something with a fabulous view! With lakes, mountains and forests, the natural beauty of Idaho is the perfect place for lovers.
Featuring world-class lodging with a European flair, couples’ outdoor adventures and romantic honeymoon cabins, Idaho brings honeymooners a wide variety of options that can meet any budget in any of the four seasons.
Active honeymooners who love the great outdoors will especially enjoy The Gem State, with its great whitewater rafting, skiing, hiking, biking, natural attractions, scenic byways and gorgeous parks.
- GET OUTSIDE: Idaho is filled with lakes, mountains, national parks and every outdoor activity imaginable. There's something for slightly outdoorsy couples, total outdoor maniacs and everything in between, so be sure to book some outdoor recreation trips to enjoy the great outdoors while you're here.
- SAMPLE THE LOCAL CUISINE. There's a lot more to Idaho cuisine than potatoes! The food here is famous for coming straight from nature; farm-fresh ingredients from local produce to game like elk and yak are all on the table here. Variety is the spice of life and Idaho brings lots of it, so be sure to sample everything you can from Idaho's fresh local fare.
- TAKE A ROMANTIC ESCAPE. With several micro-climates, Idaho has romantic escapes from candlelit dinners, camping under the stars and carriage and horseback rides in the clean mountain air. Resorts will help couples book a completely customized trip, and with so many options you're bound to find activities that are a perfect fit.
- GO AQUATIC: Idaho is filled with pristine lakes, so take advantage! Boat rides, rafting, fishing and lots more are all in high supply here, and what's more romantic than sunset over the water? Idaho lakes have different activities every season so plan accordingly and book well in advance.
Tips and Advice
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- DRESS: Idaho weather changes drastically with the seasons and is a large enough state o have several micro climates. Research your destination ahead of time and be sure to pack appropriate clothing, with lots of layers for wintertime and some warmer clothes even for the summer, particularly in mountainous areas. And don't forget your sunscreen, even in the wintertime!
- BOOK AHEAD: With so many activities to choose from, you'll want to get everything booked before leaving so that your time is as perfect and stress-free as it can be. Activities are season-dependent and can be very popular and many well-attended restaurants require reservations.
- WATCH FOR WILDLIFE: Idaho is home to elk, wolves and even Grizzlies, so take precautions when driving or doing activities outside. Seeing some of this state's majestic animal life is an experience in itself, so stay aware but also keep your camera ready!
- GET ON THE WATER: With so many lakes, Idaho has fun on the water you don't want to miss. Figure out what you want to do ahead of time so you know what equipment to bring and what your Resort will be providing.
- TELL A FRIEND: If you're planning to enjoy the outdoors in Idaho, particularly in remote areas, be sure to tell a friend or family member where you and your loved one will be. It never hurts to be safe, especially with adventure honeymoons, so always check weather conditions and stay safe.
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
Chance of Rain59°/41°
Chance of Rain54°/39°