Big Island Nightlife
This is not a quiet evening at home—you’re spending your honeymoon on Hawaii Island! That means you’ll have plenty to do at night such as sunset cruises, enjoying a cocktail by the water and hearing live local music in historic settings. However, even the activities you did during the day take on a whole new excitement at night—try night scuba or snorkeling to see the nocturnal ocean world like never before, or stargaze atop Mauna Kea for a universal show in some of the planet’s most pristine sky.
- BLUE DRAGON COASTAL CUISINE & MUSIQUARIUM, Kamuela. Bring the night to life with music and dancing at the Blue Dragon, voted North Hawaii’s Best Live Music and Best Night Life in 2009. There’s also a well-received dining room and bar on hand.
Address: 61-3616 Kawaihae Road
- COPPER TERRACE, Kohala Coast. Hula dancing, traditional music and local delicacies over a tantalizing Mai Tai don’t get much better than at the Copper Terrace. Located at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, a stop here is a great way to end your day.
Address: 62-100 Mauna Kea Beach Drive
- LULU’S KONA BIG ISLAND, Kona. The retro-surf themed restaurant serves up fantastic food, great drinks and lots of fun with activities, dancing and music.
Address: 75-5819 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona
- REEF LOUNGE, Hapuna Beach. Get intimate in the romantic setting of spectacular ocean views and Kohala coastline at the Hapuna Beach Hotel. Unwind from your day in elegance with a drink during sunset as traditional live Hawaiian music plays.
Address: 100 Holomoana St.
- HUGGO’S, Kailua-Kona. Delicious food, great drinks and live entertainment on the water. Huggo’s is fine dining with an island vibe, so sit back and enjoy.
Address: 75-5828 Kahakai Rd.
- KAHILU THEATER, Waimea. Some of the biggest names in music, drama and modern dance play at the Kahilu when in town. If you and your new spouse are seeking some culture on your honeymoon, make your way to Waimea for the finest performances from world-renowned talent.
Address: Parker Ranch Center, 67-1185 Mamalahoa Highway