Hawaii is pure tropical romance! An orchid lei around your neck, a flower behind your ear and a pareo over your bathing suit will all be part of your heavenly Hawaiian honeymoon. This sunny island paradise just made for two opens her arms to honeymooners. Spectacular scenic beauty envelops you like a giant cloak. Every day is flower filled and full of fun. You’ll find a hibiscus on your breakfast tray, a rainbow over your shoulder and a smile on every face. One hundred thirty two islands dot 16,000 miles of the North Pacific to comprise the most exotic state of the USA.
A rich Polynesian culture and an “Aloha” (welcome) spirit invite you to relax and explore. Six main islands, each with its own look and personality, beckon. You only have to decide which one to make your own. Oahu, includes Honolulu, the state capital, which was once the headquarters of warrior kings whose palaces still stand. This is the place for those who like sophisticated city pleasures blended with sprawling seaside resorts. See it first, then get out to the “Neighbor Islands” where the rolling countryside is lined with beautiful beaches.
Five Different Island Exeriences
HAWAII, the “Big Island,” is the largest in the chain and includes Mauna Kea, the tallest mountain in the Pacific. Drive from desert-dry Kona on the West to lush, tropical Hilo on the East and you’ll find many of the state’s most scenic sites along the way. MAUI is the most popular Neighbor Island. Sailors, snorkelers and golfers love all of Maui’s great activities. KAUAI is known as the “Garden Isle” because of its lush green vegetation. Waterfalls and postcard beaches are scattered throughout and the lifestyle is laid back and relaxed. MOLOKAI is pastoral and pretty. Ancient Hawaiian traditions are kept alive in this place where the sensuous hula dance was born. LANAI is a tiny hideaway with only a handful of resorts and a barefoot atmosphere.
World class golf courses, whale watching, diving, snorkeling, surfing and other sports delight active couples. Those who just want to let the world go by as they let the sun warm their bodies can find plenty of intimate hideaways to be alone together. Let gentle waves and soft ukulele music set your romantic mood all day long.
- Try two of Hawaii’s most delicious delicacies: a cup of Kona coffee and a handful of tasty macadamia nuts.
- VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK on HAWAII. Daring couples can walk out on the crater and make an offering to Pele, the Goddess of fire for good luck.
- A typical HAWAIIAN LUAU (Feast) that puts Hawaiian culture and cuisine on display. Most feature hula and fire dancers along with traditional music.
- Take a HELICOPTER TRIP into the rain forest at WAIMEA CANYON on KAUAI. Headset music reaches a dramatic crescendo just as you enter the water drenched forest. You’ll never forget it!!
- Go WHALE WATCHING on MAUI, then surrender to a SUNSET CRUISE and get up early to WATCH THE SUNRISE over HALEAKALA CRATER, the largest dormant volcano in the world.
- PLAY GOLF on one of the world famous championship courses. Most have breathtaking ocean views.
- See WAIKIKI on OAHU, the surfing beach that made Hawaii internationally famous.
Tips and Advice
- Average year round temperature: 80 degrees F
- Area code: (808)
- Hawaii has a very strict seat belt law.? Front seat passengers must be sure to buckle up.
- Set the mood for a happy honeymoon and arrange for a lei greeting for your loved upon arrival at the airport. To arrange the details call (800) 367 5183 or contact www.alohaleigreetings.com.
- "Aloha" means hello, goodbye and love.? Use the word often to get into the Hawaiian spirit.