Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World Overview
IT’S A BIG WORLD OF LOVE AT THE HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH
They didn’t name it the “village” of Disney for a reason: Disney World is huge. The mega-theme park is located in the Central Florida city of Orlando, a region once known for its orange groves. Today 49 million kids aged 9 months to 90 years visit the theme park each year, making it among the most popular destinations on earth. A Disney World and Orlando honeymoon can take on any form from indulging in a luxury Floridian getaway to tapping into your youthful side on the wildest roller coasters and rides anywhere.
Your possibilities are endless. With no less than four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom), dozens of restaurants from eat-as-you-go to elegant as well as countless shows and activities, there truly is no other destination that’s solely built on joy. Your honeymoon in Disneyworld certainly will be much happier if you plan ahead to know what you want to do and avoid simply being overwhelmed or waiting on long lines.
- SPLASH MOUNTAIN, Magic Kingdom. Kids love it and so will you. Based on the 1946 film The Song of the South, few things say wow like a 52-foot vertical plunge straight down to the water. A Disneyessential to be sure.
- SEE THE WORLD—LITERALLY, Epcot. The World Showcase Pavilion brings you the world in just a few hours, and it doesn’t stop there.You’ll also embark on a mission to Mars, travel back to the time of dinosaurs, and explore the ocean's depths. Plus, Epcot's nightly spectacular IllumiNations event features fireworks, laser lights and a fountain showthat will be a highlight of your time in Orlando.
- MAKE TIME FOR MAGIC KINGDOM, Disney World. Sometimes the first really is the best. After all these years, Magic Kingdom still offers a tremendous amount of fun and spectacle to warm everyone’s hearts. Space Mountain and the evening Wishes fireworks are joys to behold no matter what your age.
- TREAT YOURSELF RIGHT, Disney World. Almost as well known as the rides and events, Disney World’s top-notch spas will have you revitalized and renewed like never before. Among the best are Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the WDW Dolphin. You’ll luxuriate with treatments and saloon services that rival the very best found around the world.
Tips and Advice
- AREA CODE: 407
- CURRENCY: The United States dollar. You should have no problems finding ATMs inside and around the park.
- LANGUAGE: English.
- GETTING AROUND:Parking is free if you stay at one of Disney’s resorts, but for everyone else, each car is $12 a day. Once inside the park, Disney has your transportation covered with buses, trams, boats and monorails.
- WHEN TO GO. Disney World is open year round. September through November offers cooler days and fewer crowds. Summers in Florida can get very hot and steamy with high humidity.
- ELECTRICITY: All of the United States and Canada use 110 volts system. Finding converters can be difficult in the U.S., so if you need one, bring it with you.
- TIME ZONE: Disney World is under Eastern Standard Time, and it observes daylight saving time beginning on the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.
Save on a summer wedding at Marco Beach Ocean Resort on Florida's Paradise Coast with this 2015 wedding special. MORE
Chance of a Thunderstorm92°/74°
Chance of a Thunderstorm92°/73°