- BERN’S STEAK HOUSE in TAMPA is a Tampa tradition. Great aged beef, an unusually extensive wine list, a club like atmosphere and the cozy booths will make you want to linger longer. 5223 North Orient Road. Tel: (8130251 2421.
- NEWS CAFE on MIAMI BEACH is one of the best places in town to people watch. There’s never a dull moment. Celebrities and regular folks meet and linger over breakfast or brunch in this tiny, long time favorite where you can watch “the scene” go by on the street and the sidewalk. You can work off the calories afterwards with a walk along the beach or the boutique filled sidewalk. No reservations. 800 Ocean Drive, South Beach.
- CAFE PRIMA PASTA, MIAMI. The low key décor, soft lights, soothing music and cozy tables for two make this Italian hideaway as romantic as they come. Ask for a table on the veranda and savor every minute and morsel. 414 71st St., North Beach, Miami Beach. Tel: (305)867 0106.
- AUNT CATFISH’S ON THE RIVER, DAYTONA is a honeymoon experience you’ll never forget. Have a long lunch and a lot of laughs as you enjoy the seafood and the hot cinnamon rolls that come with it. This popular, informal spot is on the banks of the waterway just south of Daytona. No reservations. 4009 Halifax Drive, Port Orange. Tel: (386) 767 4768.
- CASABLANCA CAFE, FORT LAUDERDALE. Step into an exotic “Moroccan” style setting and feel like movie stars as you enjoy an ultra romantic dinner. Start with a drink at the downstairs bar, then dine under the stars on the deck where you’ll want to linger longer. Route AIA at Alhambra St., Tel: (954) 764 3500.
- PASCAL’S ON PONCE, CORAL GABLES, MIAMI. Fine French food and wine in a simple, uncluttered setting will please your palates and make for memorable honeymoon evening. Share a bottle of wine along with your dreams! 2611 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables. Tel: (305) 444 2024.