More California Restaurants
California cuisine has its own special flavors. Healthy, fresh ingredients seem to be a way of life. The organic food trend began here. The state’s bountiful produce from local markets and fruits and vegetables imported from Mexico, Hawaii and Asia are blended into delicious dishes by California’s famous creative chefs, making dining almost anywhere a pleasure that lovers love. Many of the restaurants listed here are popular, so be sure to reserve in advance and ask your concierge to request the most romantic table.
- Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford has to be one of the most romantic hotel restaurants in the state. Reserve a table on the balcony if the weather is good and linger over wine and dinner from sunset into the star filled night. This is the palce to splurge. The beautifully decorated rooms, many with fireplaces, are great too. 189 Rutherford Hill Road. Tel: (707)963 1211.
- Spago, Beverly Hills, Los Angeles. Locals as well as visitors still flock to this classic restaurant that world famous chef Wolfgang Puck started years ago. It was his trampoline to world renown, and you’ll love people watching as well as the delicious food. Save room for desert. Reservations are a must. 176 North Canon Drive. Tel: (310)385 0880.
- George’s California Modern, La Jolla. Have drinks at the informal rooftop restaurant overlooking the cove and then go downstairs to the spacious dining room where celebrities like to dine next to the windows with panoramic views. You’ll want to savour the flavors here and linger longer over coffee and desert. Reservations are a must. 1250 Prospect St.l, Tel: (858)454 4244.
- Candela’s, San Diego. Soft candlelight sets the mood for the subtle tastes of modern Mexican cuisine. The setting is comfortable and intimate. Stop at the bar for Margaritas before you dine, or stop afterwards when it turns into a lively nightspot. 416 Third Ave. downtown. Tel: (619)702 4455.
- Wilshire, Santa Monica. Reserve a table on the patio and prepare for a treat. The chef specializes in dishes created from exotic fresh produce that you’ll love. Make an evening of it. stop in the friendly bar before and after. 2524 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica. Tel: (310)586 1707.