For thousands of years, San Pedro de Atacama has been an oasis at which travelers stopped for the necessary water, food, shelter and rest to continue their voyage. In this ancient site, surrounded by a historical wall which for centuries has sheltered cattle drivers and shepherds, we have created a house made of stone, adobe and wood where we want to continue with the noble task of sheltering those travelers who take the leap to live the unforgettable experience of the Atacama Desert.
Awasi Lodge, a Relais & Chateaux property, is a place for contemplating immensity, enjoying the basic details of simple life, and gratifying the body and soul, inside and out. It's perfect for a honeymoon in Chile where you can relax, romance and rejuvenate your hearts.
The hotel is located a few blocks from the town Square, the antique Church and the Museum. This is ideal for guests who wish to enjoy the "life of town" in comfort, and to know what life was like and still is in the millennial Atacama oasis.
The Best Parts of Awasi Lodge
- Stargazing Tour
- Moon Valley
- Death Valley
- Cejar Pond
- Tatio Geysers
- Toconao and Atacama Dry Lake
- Salt Range
- Highland salt lakes
- Tara Dry Salt Lake
- Jama Pass
- Socaire Town
- Sico Pass
- Aguas Calientes
- Tuyajto dry salt lakes
- Licancabur and Jurisques volcanoes
- Monjes de la Pakana
- Miscanti and Miñiques ponds at Los Flamencos National Reserve
- Puritana hot springs
- Guatón Valley - A walk to a shepherd farm
- The Pukará (fortress) at Quitor, a fortified Atacama town
- Several rides on bicycle or horseback to farming communities called "Ayllus"
- Awasi Restaurant. In order to ensure the privacy and intimacy of our guests, Awasi’s restaurant is only open to hotel guests. The culinary team, consisting of four professionals who only cook for a maximum of 16 guests, has designed a varied menu that will expose guests to new aromas and flavors.The dishes are made using ingredients only found in the zone, which have been part of the diet of the native people for thousands of years (such as purple potatoes, patasca, quinoa and chañar). All dishes are served with top quality wines and spirits.
- Private excursions (Tour Guide & 4x4 vehicle assigned to each room)
- All-inclusive package available
- Each room has over 500 sq. ft of space
- Private Patio
- Reading Armchair
- Outdoor shower
Distance from the Airport: Approximately 90 minutes by car from Calama Airport to San Pedro