Turtle Island Fiji
Romantic, Secluded and All-Inclusive. Turtle Island Fiji is a private, remote exotic island—the ultimate vacation resort perfect for honeymoons, anniversaries, weddings, or vow renewals. Our 14 breathtaking private beaches accommodate just 28 guests at a time. Each of our 14 cottages (called “bures”) are nestled along the famous “Blue Lagoon,” and are separated from each other by generous expanses, meaning you’ll have your own slice of exotic island paradise.
Turtle Island provides a true all-inclusive exotic Fiji vacation—from private beach picnics to island adventures like scuba diving, horseback riding, hiking, sailing, and deep sea fishing, to fine cuisine, champagne, wine and island cocktails. This ultimate Fiji resort provides it all without extra charges. Privacy, relaxation, luxurious comfort, and spectacular views of the famous Blue Lagoon, Turtle Island is an experience beyond measure.
On Turtle Island you will be completely spoiled, you will be nurtured, and you will become part of a home away from home. You will never have to reach for your wallet, and your personal concierge and island staff will ensure that you are part of our island family—not just a customer or stranger. Turtle offers an absolutely unique experience: a dream vacation and romantic getaway in a tropical paradise, built around the idea of inspiring camaraderie, friendships, and life-long memories.
NEW!!! Autumn 2015 Exclusive...
With all the children back at school and the summer crowds dying down, September through to December is a perfect time to visit Turtle Island Fiji.
This Autumn 2015 7-night vacation exclusive includes:
- 7 nights in a Grand Beachfront Bure
- Return Seaplane Transfers
- $500 Vonu Spa Voucher to relax, unwind, and rejuvenate at Vonu Spa
- All meals and dining including daily breakfast, lunch, dinner and all day snacks as well as beverages including alcoholic beverages
- Champagne picnics on your private beach, any day you choose
- All land and water activities including scuba diving Guided snorkeling and horseback riding excursions
- Complimentary laundry service and private butler service
- Cultural experiences and nightly entertainment
Click Here to learn more about this package
- Bike Riding
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Scuba Diving
- Sea Kayaking
- Wind Surfing
In Room Amenities
- One of only 14 private villas, or “bures”—traditional, authentic, two-room cottages built by Fijian craftsmen. Spacious, romantic, and wonderfully relaxing, light spills in from windows that overlook the tranquil waters of the Blue Lagoon while gentle winds carry the intoxicating scent of tropical blossoms through the breezy interiors.
- Each luxurious bure provides separate sleeping, dressing, and bathing areas, as well as a bar stocked with drinks and fresh tropical fruit, ipod docking station, and Pure Fiji body products.
- Every Grand bure has a king-size bed, extensive dressing area, writing desk, walk-in double shower, hot tub, outdoor open air rinsing shower, and a veranda with queen-size day bed for napping in the sun-flecked shade of the palms overhead.
On Site Amenities
- Mountain top dinners
- Sunset Cruises
- Meke-meke Performances
- Kava Ceremonies
- Concerts by the Turtle Island Choir
Turtle Island Fiji is the perfect getaway for newlyweds. What more perfect place to celebrate love than in our hidden Eden of private beaches, dark-leaved jungles, and sky-blue waters.
Imagine waking hand-in-hand along one of the most beautiful coastlines in the world, heading back to your secluded cottage (“bure”) to be greeted by a spacious, romantic, and relaxing atmosphere glittering with sun and a flush of jasmine-scented air over the bed.
In the mornings, you’ll be served a breakfast of fresh fruits, cereals, pastries and muffins fresh from the oven, and specially prepared delights like a lobster omelet. You can enjoy this divine meal on the beach in front of our main Resort with the other island guests, or you can enjoy it in a quiet spot under palm trees in front of your bure.
From there, the day lays itself out before you like a magic carpet.
Your time on Turtle Island is your own—navigate a sailboat around the lagoon or let it float lazily in the sun, snorkel among bright clouds of fish, thunder through the rolling surf on horseback, or explore a green-shaded jungle trail. The options, just like your new life, are wide open.
Meander along one of the remote silent beaches that ring the island, where a luncheon of lobster and champagne will top off your private beach picnic. Rest, explore, discover, play. Your honeymoon should be superbly romantic, and something that you will cherish for the rest of your lives. That is Turtle Island.
Once you decide that the day is over, you will walk back along the beach under a thick mat of stars. Your bure is cool and dim, and the scent of salt air and frangipani washes over your four-poster bed. You finally realize that Turtle Island is, as respected travel writer Andrew Harper says, "heaven on earth.”
Destination Weddings & Vow Renewals
Imagine celebrating your special day in an exotic tropical setting; meeting your loved one on a white, sandy beach with a warm breeze stirring the air. On Turtle, weddings or renewing wedding vows are special events, and some of our guests' fondest memories are of the delightful Fijian wedding ceremonies held at sunset on the shores of the famous Blue Lagoon.
The bride and groom may dress in traditional Fijian wedding attire made especially for them by the Turtle Island staff members. All of the guests, along with the bride and groom, wear garlands of fresh, fragrant flowers around their necks.
The trumpeting of conch shells announces the bride's arrival on the wedding raft, called a “billibilli.” Drums beat ceremonial rhythms as the bride disembarks and is escorted to her groom by two Fijian attendants. As they approach the Fijian chapel, they are heralded by a Fijian choir.
After the ceremony, everyone participates in a Kava ceremony, an ancient tradition in honor of the bride and groom. The newlyweds are then carried onto the billibilli for their return to the wedding feast. Guests and staff alike raise their glasses in a toast to the happy couple and continue to celebrate with traditional Fijian festivities.
Turtle weddings aren't just for newly-weds. They're also a lovely way to renew vows. Our staff will make all the preparations, from the wedding clothes to the wedding feast.
To assure that everything proceeds smoothly, plan to arrive in Nadi on a weekday, at least three days before your wedding day. This allows time to obtain your license before coming to Turtle, time to get acquainted with staff members and fellow guests, and to plan the feast and wedding garments.
DVD, digital photography of the wedding, and Memory Book of your stay are presented to each bride and groom.
Grand Fijian Wedding Ceremony Package Includes:
- Marriage License Fee.
- Sevices of a Methodist Minister.
- Authentic Fijian Apparel (if desired).
- Wedding Cake.
- Champagne Toast.
- Kava Ceremony.
- Wedding DVD.
- Digital Photo CD.
Costs: Please contact our offices for pricing.
You'll need to bring with you:
- Birth Certificate or a Certified copy.
- Notarized letters of paternal consent if under 21. Must be signed by father unless deceased.
- Divorce or death certificate of former spouse(s) (if applicable).
- Only one ceremoney is held on Turtle Island per week.
- Couples must arrive on Turtle at least 3 days prior to the Wedding Day.
Nearby / Recommended
Distance from the Airport: 40 minute flight by seaplane.