The Sunset Resort is idyllically situated on the sheltered western side of the island only minutes from Avarua township. The secluded beachfront location provides guests with an unspoiled view of Rarotonga’s crystal clear aqua blue lagoon and breathtaking sunsets.
This eco-friendly resort offers 35 spacious rooms located either on the beachfront overlooking the lagoon or beside either swimming pool and set amid lush tropical gardens. The luxury accommodations are only a taste of what the resort can offer honeymooners.
Dine at the open-air restaurant ‘The Anchorage’ or enjoy Happy Hour cocktails at our poolside bar, ‘Drumbeat’. You can also relax on the beautiful white sandy beach overlooking the lagoon, or swim and snorkel among the colorful fish which dart over the coral reef. What better way to celebrate your new life together or join with family and friends on an exotic Destination Wedding?
Sunset Resort has all the conveniences and features needed for a relaxing escape within friendly, intimate surroundings.
The Best Parts of The Sunset Resort
- Massage & Beauty Treatments
Dine in our spacious open-air restaurant looking out onto our lush tropical gardens.
- Breakfast is served from 7:30pm to 10:00am
- Coffee/tea all day
- Lunch 12:00pm to 3:00pm
- Happy Hour is between 2:00pm – 4:00pm
- Sunday Night is barbeque night
- Most Sundays entertainment is provided by local musicians
- Pool-side bar
- Two Pools
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment
- Air conditioning
- King-size or twin bed configuration
- Modern kitchen including cook-top, microwave oven, fridge/freezer
- Color TV, multi-zone DVD player
- Bedside radio alarm clock
- Designer shutters with insect screens throughout the suites
- Wi-Fi access
- Spacious bathrooms with shower and toilet
- Disabled facilities
- Poolside two bedroom accommodation, additional toilet
- Two bedroom suites, private outdoor living area
- International direct dial telephone
- In-room safe