Fall in love with Wyoming on your honeymoon, where the untamed spirit of the West and splendid natural beauty open your body, mind and soul to an adventure of a lifetime. Become one with nature in Yellowstone or throw on your cowboy boots and hit a rodeo, savor some of the local eats or unwind with some spa time. Embrace the magic of Wyoming on your next romantic getaway.
No visit to Wyoming is complete without experiencing Yellowstone National Park. Established in 1872, Yellowstone is the world's first national park, encompassing 3,472 square miles of mountain wild land and protects the gray wolf, grizzly bear, bald eagle, elk and the only place in the U.S. where bison have existed in the wild since primitive times. It also contains some of the world's most extraordinary collection of geysers and hot springs, is the site of the largest volcanic eruptions in the world, the spectacular Grand Canyon and the largest lake above 7,000 feet in North America. Aside from the out-of-this-world wildlife, Yellowstone has a little of something for everyone. Pack a picnic and head out for a strenuous hike or enjoy a sun downer while you relax and watch the unbelievable sunsets. Other popular activities within the park include camping, boating, biking, fishing… even horseback riding!
But Yellowstone isn’t the only landmark in Wyoming. The state boasts an impressive 25 national historic landmarks, along with 11 nationally recognized recreation areas, trails and monuments. Check out Devils Tower National Monument and take a ranger-led tour where you’ll learn about the geology, the area’s indigenous people, wildlife and more. Head just south of Yellowstone and you’ll find Gran Teton National Park. The park’s mountain range is very popular among climbers, hikers and photographers. Or explore Big Horn Canyon National Recreation Area – a land that time forgot. Enjoy the diversified landscape and discover the lake, historic ranches and hiking trails.
But Wyoming isn't just a great place for national parks and recreational activities. You'll find charming restaurants, museums and galleries alongside unique clothing, jewelry and craft shops. From dude ranches to historic hotels to campsites in the state’s beautiful nature, Wyoming’s accommodations offer a home away from home. There are endless options that will fit any personal vacation style.
Explore the endless possibilities of Wyoming during your next getaway - you won't be disappointed! Whether you're standing a top of a peak of one of Wyoming's majestic ranges, perusing the craft shops while you stroll the charming streets of the towns or digging into a juicy burger at one of the local steak joints; you’ll find all types of adventures in Wyoming.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Wyoming
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- CAPITAL: Cheyenne
- AREA CODE: 307
- GETTING THERE: There are three major airports in Wyoming - Casper-Natrona County International Airport, Jackson Hole Airport, Laramie Regional Airport.
- WHEN TO GO: The best times to beat the crowds are April, May, September and October – although the weather during these seasons can be unpredictable. The weather in the summer is beautiful however you also have to deal with crowds at times. The same goes for the winter months battling the land with the ski bunnies, but it sure is magical during those months!
Average temperatures are 87 degrees Farenheit in summer and stays around 12 degrees in winter.
- TIME ZONE: Wyoming is in the Mountain Time Zone
- DESTINATION WEDDING: Getting hitched in Wyoming is pretty easy. Parties must obtain the license in person and as long as both are over 18, there is no waiting period.
- GETTING AROUND: Before you hit the road, make sure to check the local weather conditions and carry a map of the state’s major highways. Due to the wide-open spaces of the state, be aware that not every town on the map may have services – or 24-hour a day service.
- CELL SERVICE: Cell phone coverage is confined to area around towns due to the vast sections of empty space in Wyoming. Internet access can also be hit or miss, however, you will find Wi-Fi hot spots available in towns like Jackson Hole and Cody.
- YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK: Established in 1872, Yellowstone National Park is America's first national park. Located in Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho, it is home to a large variety of wildlife including grizzly bears, wolves, bison, and elk. Preserved within Yellowstone National Park are Old Faithful and a collection of the world's most extraordinary geysers and hot springs, and the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone.
- GRAND TETON NATIONAL PARK: Located in northwestern Wyoming, Grand Teton National Park preserves a spectacular landscape rich with majestic mountains, pristine lakes and extraordinary wildlife. The abrupt vertical rise of the jagged Teton Range contrasts with the horizontal sage-covered valley and glacial lakes at their base, creating world-renowned scenery that attracts nearly four million visitors per year.
- WARM THE HEART WITH OUTDOOR ADVENTURES: Grab your loved one and experience the thrill of outdoor adventures in spectacular Wyoming. This giant outdoor playground hosts a wide range of activities from snowshoeing to snowmobiling. After a day on the mountain, retreat to your cozy cabin to enjoy some spiked hot chocolate and cuddles by the fire.
- REJUVENATE IN THE HOT SPRINGS: Nothing heals the body… and soul… like a relaxing soak in the natural hot springs around the state. Head to Saratoga for an ultimate spa getaway – the diverse hot pool options at Saratoga Resort and Spa are perfect for a romantic rendezvous.
- KEEP COOL AT THE ICE FESTIVAL: The Cody Ice Festival, held in February each year, makes a fun romantic weekend adventures. With all day events, tasty happy hours and benefit dinners, the festival provides some cool fun during your getaway.
- DRINKS AT COWBOY BAR: The charming town of Jackson is filled with a wide array of restaurants, art galleries, shops and the landmark Million Dollar Cowboy Bar. Serving cold beer and live country must since 1937, it is a great stop in your happily ever after.