Located just 50 miles west of Houston in Cat Spring, Texas, BlissWood provides an intimate setting for a honeymoon or a destination wedding. It is a perfect location for the bride and groom who want to start a new life in the quiet, peaceful surroundings of the country and get away from the noise of the city. Graceful centuries-old live oaks, several lakes and abundant wildlife abound on this 650-acre ranch.
Book your rehearsal at BlissWood and spend a leisurely day preparing for your wedding. Your family and special friends can spend the night in the ten antique-furnished B&B houses on the ranch, or at nearby BlissWood's Oasis. Say your vows at the waterfalls at the Oasis, the Gazebo on the lake, or in an intimate garden setting. For an unforgettable reception, the show barn can accommodate up to 200 guests and a band to dance the night away. Spend your honeymoon in the Dog Trot House with fireplaces and a Jacuzzi tub, or at the secluded Enchanted Cabin with a Jacuzzi.
Planning a Bachelorette get-together? BlissWood is the perfect place. Having a Bachelor party? Play golf at The Falls or at try your hand at trapshooting or archery.
BlissWood is the perfect setting for your outdoor wedding photography, whether or not you choose to have your wedding here. There are several great sites to choose from, such as the Gazebo and bridges at Enchanted Lake, the Vineyard, intimate garden settings, lush meadows and many huge picturesque live oaks. Our antique houses and log cabin (indoor or out) also make great photo settings.
If you’re looking for great Texas honeymoon destinations, look no further. Spend the beginning of your new lives as Mr. & Mrs. in a quiet, secluded setting in the country at BlissWood Bed and Breakfast Ranch. BlissWood offers the perfect honeymoon location that is far away from it all, yet easy to get to.
The Best Parts of BlissWood Bed & Breakfast
- Viewing (and petting of some) ranch animals
- Nature walks
- Catch & release bass fishing
- Trap shooting
- Stephen F. Austin State Park
- Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park
- Antique shops
- Annual antiques fair
- Carol's at Cat Spring Restaurant. Country casual atmosphere and fashionably classy food including steaks, pasta, seafood and chicken dishes
- Continental breakfast delivered to your house or cabin
- Fireplaces in some rooms / houses
- Jacuzzi tubs in some rooms / houses
- Kitchens in some rooms / houses
- TV’s in some rooms / houses
- Pets allowed in some rooms / houses for an additional fee