Escape to a world of Gilded Age Glamour at the Hampton Terrace Inn, located in the heart of the Berkshires. Once host to the likes of Morgan, Vanderbilt, Carnegie, Astor, Westinghouse & Edith Wharton, Lenox, MA was the playground of the rich and famous in the late 19th century. Built in 1897, Hampton Terrace Inn offers the modern amenities that today’s savvy traveler expects, while maintaining the history of the property. Spread throughout 3 buildings, the 14 elegant rooms and suites offer period antiques, private baths, A/C, HDTVs, free Wi-Fi, complimentary cognac and liqueurs, and a full breakfast buffet included with an overnight stay.
Only a five-minute walk from downtown Lenox, guests select Hampton Terrace Inn for its convenient location, but stay because of its on-site amenities such as the outdoor heated pool, open Memorial Day through Labor Day. After a night dining at one of the many fantastic fine-dining restaurants nearby, relax and enjoy the use of our BYOB Heirloom bar. Wake up the next morning to a complimentary full breakfast buffet featuring delights such as frittatas, traditional French toast, or egg casserole, a meat option, fresh fruit, orange juice, cold cereals, yogurts and breads. Special diets can be accommodated with prior notice, and common or private tables are available. Awarded one of the Top 25 Small Hotels in the US by TripAdvisor, Hampton Terrace Inn’s exceptional service and accommodations provide the perfect romantic escape anytime of the year.
The Best Parts of Hampton Terrace Inn
- Seasonal Outdoor Heated Pool
- Shopping & Antiques
- Music & Theatre
- Museums & History
- Numerous State Parks, Reservations and Forests
- Rafting, Canoeing & Boating
- Trails, Wildlife Sanctuary and Quarries for Hiking
- Fishing & Outfitters
- Biking & Rentals
- Ski Resorts & Cross-Country Skiing
- Horseback Riding, Hot Air Ballooning, & More
- Insider Guide to the Berkshires
- Hampton Terrace Inn: Wake up to an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet included with your stay, featuring delights like Blueberry Pancakes, Egg Casseroles, and Chocolate French Toast.
- Nudel Restaurant: Seasonally inspired fare made from local ingredients and the creativity and passion of the kitchen team.
- Alta Restaurant + Wine Bar: The fresh and inspired Mediterranean Cuisine, extensive wine list, and exception service make this restaurant a favorite of locals and visitors alike.
- Table Six Restaurant: Enjoy superb food and exemplary service with a historical ambiance at this world-class restaurant.
- Daily Breakfast Buffet
- Seasonal Outdoor Heated Pool
- Tesla Charging Station
- Private Breakfast Tables for 2
- 24-hour Keurig Machine
- Complimentary cognac & liqueurs
- Complimentary Spring water bottles and ice
- BYOB family heirloom bar with glasses, openers, plates, ice, etc.
- No mandatory gratuity, resort, parking or service charges
- 1929 historic Steinway Grand
- Owners On-site Available 24/7
- Large Guest Refrigerators in Each Building
- Private Baths
- Air-conditioned rooms & suites
- Free Wi-Fi
- King, Queen or 2 Double Beds
- Some with Antique Clawfoot Tubs
- Some with Jetted Tubs
- Some with Private Porches
- Most with Fireplaces
- Tanglewood Music Center: The Boston Symphony Orchestra's summer academy for advanced musical study and home to the annual Tanglewood Music Festival.
- Historic Mansions: The Mount: Once home to legendary author & humanitarian Edith Wharton, it now operates as a year-round cultural center. Ventfort Hall – Built for J.P. Morgan’s sister, Sarah Morgan, this Revival-style mansion is now home to The Museum of the Gilded Age.
- Museums: The Clark: Internationally recognized research center and art museum. MASS MoCA – The Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art is a guest favorite and one-stop shop for all art forms. Norman Rockwell Museum – Houses the world’s largest collection of Norman Rockwell paintings and illustrations.
- More things to do in the Berkshires