Your perfect Eastern Shore romantic getaway starts at the Brampton Inn, ideally located a mile outside the historic arts and entertainment district of Chestertown, MD. Washington College, the Garfield Center for the Arts and many wonderful restaurants are located in the waterfront town. One of the best birding areas in the US is located on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. Other favorite activities, such as biking and kayaking, are a wonderful way to explore the upper Chesapeake region.
You can be assured of a memorable experience at this elegant country estate by over 380 online 5-star reviews. This romantic Maryland bed and breakfast offers gracious hospitality, combined with the comfort and modern amenities you deserve. Experience unparalleled privacy with wood-burning fireplaces, modern en-suite bathrooms in the guest rooms, and secluded cottages, as well as freshly prepared à-la-carte breakfasts and afternoon refreshments.
You won’t want to leave this Maryland Inn and romantic oasis.
The Best Parts of Brampton Bed and Breakfast Inn
- Bird watching
- Driving tours
- Small Boat Rental
- Horseback Riding
- Barbara’s on the Bay. Barbara’s has a large deck with tables, perfect for warm weather dining and glorious views.
- The Kitchen at the Imperial. Nice setting for a special occasion, with tasty food. Reservations are recommended.
- Luisa’s Cucina Italiana. A short drive from Brampton, they offer locally raised meat and grown vegetables.
- The Inn at Osprey Point. A fantastic waterfront restaurant in Rock Hall.
- The Evergrain Bread Company. A wonderful bakery and cafe located on High Street. They offer some of the best coffee in town, soups, and great sandwiches for lunch.
- The Lemon Leaf. A very popular spot among Chestertown locals as well as inn guests. They serve comfort food as well as sophisticated choices.
- Uncle Charlie’s Bistro. Favored by the locals, it offers a homey meals at an affordable price and friendly service.
- Sandbar at Rolph’s Wharf Md. Sandbar has an outdoor bar, is open on weekends, and has the best view of the Chester River. They offer cold beer and simple snacks.
- Play It Again Sam’s Coffeehouse. Great espresso, cappuccino and a limited lunch menu which can be enjoyed al fresco during the warmer months.
- Durding’s Store. An old-fashioned soda fountain and ice cream parlor on Rock Hall’s Main Street.
- Brampton Garden
- Freshly brewed coffee and hot tea available at 7:15 am
- Full à la carte breakfast served from 8:30 till 10 am
- Breakfast delivery to the cottage rooms upon request
- Daily freshly baked cookies
- Afternoon tea with a sweet and a savory treat
- Driving tour maps of the area near our Chestertown Inn
- Use of the swimming pool at the Chester River Yacht and Country Club during the summer months
- Beach towels to take to the pool
- Many games and puzzles to choose from
- Extensive DVD library to borrow from
- Wireless Internet, most of the time
- Lots of books to borrow
- Tesla and ClipperCreek charging stations for our guests traveling with electric vehicles, allowing for a full charge in 4 hours!
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Individually controlled air-conditioning and heat
- Sitting area
- Flat screen TV with DVD players (no cable TV)
- Whirlpool tubs
- Infinity baths
- 70.2 miles from the airport
- Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge
- National Scenic Byway
- Harriet Tubman and the Underground Railroad
- Chesapeake Wine Trail
- Adkins Arboretum
- Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
- Farmer’s Market