Tree-lined streets, charming restaurants and nightlife, friendly locals, old-fashioned southern grace...these are the things that define honeymoons in Savannah.
Steal a smooch beneath the Spanish moss in Forysth Park, be wined and dined like a fancy southern belle on organic eats at the high-end Alligator Soul restaurant, browse antiques and vintage fashions at the 18th-century City Market area, get to know a new side of town through an enriching history tour, or satisfy your craving for spooky fun and explore Savannah's allegedly ghost-ridden haunts...you can even hit up the beach on Tybee Island and enjoy the sand and sun.
Savannah is one of America's most romantic cities, with so many lovey-dovey sights and scenes that you could stay a month and still not exhaust them all. Explore more and pack your bags...Savannah's southern hospitality will welcome you with open arms!
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Savannah
- BEACH IT UP ON TYBEE ISLAND: A quick drive from downtown Savannah, Tybee Island has pleasant, soft-sand beaches where you can relax in the sunshine and get that honeymoon tan.
- HIT UP THE MARKET: Savannah City Market is an open-air pedestrian space, first opened up as a central area for commerce in the 1700s. Today you can find fun art galleries, a wide variety of dining options, chic nightlife, and upscale boutiques. Grab a sweet croissiant at an artisan bakery, indulge in sugary treats at a candy shop with handmade sweets, or browse fashions and get a new pair of flats for tonight's honeymoon dinner date.
- HOP A TROLLEY: Hop an old-fashioned trolley and get an historical tour of the city. Savannah's old cobblestoned streets take on new meaning as you discover some of Savannah's biggest attrations. The best part is, you can hop on and off at your leisure, leaving the stops you pick and the pace you prefer 100% up to you.
- STROLL THE PARK: 30-acre Forsyth Park is the oldest in Savannah. Stroll, picnic, or catch a concert in this uber-pleasant urban escape.
- CATCH SOME HONEYTUNES: Live music is a staple in Savannah, from street musicicans and time-honored local acts to national and international headliners. Catch a live show, and groove to the tunes with the one you love. Regardless of your favorite genre, there are always great bands tuning up for gigs in Savannah.
- ROMANCE IN A CARRIAGE: Book a ride in a horse-drawn carriage for a truly romantic colonial city experience.
- KEEP IT QUAINT: Savannah is filled with charming B&Bs and inns. For a real taste of that southern hospitality, stay a night or two at one of these quaint country accommodations, and see what being hosted by a southerner is really all about. Oh, and it's also a great way to experience a true southern breakfast.