Gorgeous sunny weather, cosmopolitan restaurants, sizzling nightlife, sexy beaches, and Cuban zest are the core of unforgettable honeymoons in Miami. Dine and dance on a rooftop overlooking the sparkling, tropical city. Escape to a beach where sun, sand, and waves are your only cares in the world. Or dress up and catch a foreign opera at the Adrienne Arsht Center.
From culture to cuisine, flora to fauna, and fun nights out to historic day tours, Miami is one of the world’s most sizzling cities. Even better, with hotels in every category, you can make your honeymoon headquarters a quiet, rustic hideaway, an art deco boutique, or a dazzling urban skyscraper -- no matter your style, Miami is the perfect fit.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Miami
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- GETTING IN: Fly into Miami International (MIA) and then hop on a taxi, bus, rail, or rental car to get to your hotel. Tech-savvy couples can also call an airport Uber with the press of a button. Miami Airport is super-busy, so give yourselves tons of time and be prepared for long waits. Couples living a bit closer by can hop an Amtrak, taking a little extra travel time to avoid the airport stress.
- GETTING AROUND: The best ways to explore Miami are by bus and Metrorail. The extensive public transport system means you don’t need to rent a car to get around – of course, doing so anyway gives you extra freedom and flexibility, making it easier to plan.
- WHEN TO GO: Avoid Miami during hurricane season, which is June to November, unless you’re planning on taking your chances in exchange for lower prices. March through May the weather is ideal, with slightly lower temperatures than during the thick of summer.
- LANGUAGE BARRIER: In parts of Miami like Little Havana, be ready for a bit of a language barrier if you don’t speak some Spanish. Just keep that phrase book handy, or learn some basic words and then download a translation app on your phone for the rest. Must-see gems like Little Havana make the little extra effort more than worth it!
- SAFETY: Miami is very safe for a big city, but take the usual precautions like watching your things closely and avoiding lots of flashy jewelry – especially at places like nightclubs, where you’ll be drinking. Avoid the neighborhood called Overtown, north of downtown, as it suffers from a much higher crime rate than elsewhere in the city.
- WILD NIGHTS: Get wild and soak up Miami’s infamous nightlife scene. From fast-paced dance clubs where everyone is dressed to the nines to trendy little jazz clubs infused with Cubano spirit, Miami’s nightlife has to be experienced to be believed.
- THE ENERGY OF LITTLE HAVANA: Relax for hours sipping café cubano at breakfast, savor hand-cooked fritas and empanadas for lunch, and catch a Santería practioner laying a chicken bone at the foot of a sacred ceiba tree before dinner. Practice your Español with the locals, or relax at a park and listen to the old-timers debate Communist politics over games of dominos. Before your honeymoon is over, you owe it to yourselves to soak up America’s most thriving, authentic slice of Cuba in Little Havana.
- BEACHES IN THE BUFF: Daring couples may opt to go partially-nude on certain sections of Miami Beach, where topless policies allow beachgoers to go with a “natural” look. For couples who would much rather keep their swimsuits on, beware that you may encounter nudists on the sand between 1st Street and 16th Street, and at sections of Haulover Beach Park.
- SPA CRAZY: Miami’s spas are world-class havens for rest and relaxation. Book a couple’s package and rejuvenate yourselves hand-in-hand with herb wraps, mud masks, and steam baths galore.
- HONEYMOON BY BOAT: Take a speedboat ride where zip past Miami’s towering skyscrapers, crash through Biscayne Bay on jet skis, or venture into the wilds with a stunning tour of the mysterious Everglades.