The Cape, a Thompson Hotel debuted June 2015 and is located at the Cabo San Lucas region of Baja California Sur, Mexico, situated along one of the most desirable stretches of white sand in Los Cabos: the world-renowned surfers’ paradise known as Monuments Beach. The luxury hotel features 161 guestrooms, all with unobstructed views of the Sea of Cortez and the destination’s famed icon, El Arco—a stunning natural phenomenon of granite carved into an arch by centuries of wind and sea exposure. The Cape effortlessly blends the upscale urban aesthetic synonymous with the brand with a distinct 1960s Baja-meets-Southern California vibe. Guests will enjoy two pools, including an infinity pool with swim-up bar and another built within a natural rock formation found on property; The Rooftop, a six-story-high rooftop lounge and gardenwith unmatched views of the city and sea—named one of Condé Nast Traveler’s Top 10 Best Rooftop Bar in the World; Currents, a spa with two private outdoor cabanas for treatments with an ocean view; a fitness center featuring floor-to-ceiling, panoramic windows overlooking the Sea of Cortez; and a diverse array of regionally inspired, chef-driven food and beverage destinations including Manta by famed Chef Enrique Olvera.
One-, Two-, and Three-bedroom Villas are available, including four, two-story Penthouse Suites with private rooftops and plunge pools and the premier “Surfer Villa”—a two-story luxury suite ideal for a luxe vacation, bachelorette or bachelor trip, or intimate wedding. Besides, three more type of suites are available —perfect for a romantic getaway or an anniversary celebration. The resort also offers several distinct meeting spaces, including The Rooftop’s adjacent venue Glimpse, among others. A knowledgeable staff will seamlessly guide guests through an intimate exploration of the regional offerings.
The Best Parts of The Cape
- Wellness happenings – eleven bodyworks sessions tailored to enhance and elevate the body and mind, from beach boot camp to power yoga.
- Mezcal tasting & pairing
- Tequila tasting & pairing
- Cooking Class
- Wine tasting
- Mixology class
- Sunset Experience at The Rooftop
- Sunday Brunch at The Ledge
- Pool Sessions
- Culinary happenings
- Entertainment program
- Destination activities:
- Cruising experience to El Arco
- ATVs and water activities
- San Jose del Cabo artistic tour to downtown
- Fishing and golfing
- MANTA by Enrique Olvera: Well-known chef Enrique celebrates Pacific coasts traditions—taking inspiration from his native Mexico, as well as Peru, Japan and beyond—while maintaining a distinct and tastefully casual Baja sensibility with a commitment to sourcing local ingredients from the region.
- THE LEDGE: A variety of all-day options, from American breakfast favorites to contemporary Mexican cuisine, all within a light and lively atmosphere reminiscent of a Mexican beach house.
- THE ROOFTOP: Named as one of the best rooftop bars in the world – here is where gorgeous sunsets yield to a warmly illuminated al fresco sky garden with sweeping views to downtown Cabo San Lucas and El Arco.
- POINT BREAK: Main pool’s swim-up bar and terrace heighten a vibe that’s both lively and laid-back - dine and indulge in libations highlighted by fresh ingredients while simultaneously taking in panoramic views of Cabo.
- LOBBY BAR: A contemporary homage to Mexico’s mid-century Pacific Coast glamour, The Cape’s hotel lobby bar invites guests to linger over ocean vistas in an elegant open-air setting in Los Cabos.
- Most hotel rooms have stunning ocean views and a private balcony
- Panoramic suites and selected suites have private plunge pools
- Outdoor infinity pool and bar, saltwater pool, and hot tub
- Fitness center with sweeping views of the Sea of Cortez and El Arco
- Located on a secluded beach
- State-of-the-art rain shower with freestanding copper-leafed tub and luxurious cotton kimono robes
- Tequila amenity
- Fully stocked in-room bar
- Daily housekeeping and turn-down service
- Welcome infused beverage upon check-in
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
- Macarons & Bubbles
- Chocolate covered strawberries
- Mezcal Flight
- Duo of artesian beers & guacamole
- Artesian cheeses & dates
- Romantic turn-down
- Birthday or flower arrangement