On Prince Edward Island, you are surround by a sea of love. With breathtaking scenery, tiny towns and rolling green hills, the island is the perfect backdrop for proposals, weddings, honeymoons and romantic getaways. One of four Atlantic provinces located on Canada’s east coast, the crescent-shaped island resembles a cradle filled with rich culture and heritage that offer much to be explored.
Gaining a reputation as a farm and ocean-to-table culinary destination, Prince Edward Island is largely self-sufficient. The quaint size of the island makes it easy to explore by car or bike, and the Confederation Trail is one of the world's best cycling destinations. And, like the rest of the Maritime provinces, the people are both warm and inviting.
The Island has welcomed visitors of all ages for many years, creating unforgettable experiences for everyone to enjoy. The coastline offers some of the most stunning vistas in the world. Head inland to enjoy the rolling green hills and scenic farmlands. The tasty local cuisine, including some of the freshest seafood available anywhere in the world, will make your mouth water for more. And if you brought your clubs, Prince Edward Island has courses to suit all skill levels and budgets including several courses considered among the best in Canada. Explore what the island has to offer and plan your own memorable Island honeymoon.
With their welcoming nature, accommodations on the island are unforgettable. Islanders take great pride and time to ensure your stay is everything you want and more. From quaint inns to beautiful hotels, beautiful cottages to campsites, you’ll find everything and more on the island.
There is a touch of romance when being by the ocean. Waking up to the smell of the salt water, grabbing a coffee for your morning stroll on the beach and feeling the sand between your toes. It is all quite dreamy. There are just some places that make you want to fall in love and Prince Edward Island does just that.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Prince Edward Island
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
FAST FACTS & HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS:
- CAPITAL: Charlottetown
- CONVERSION: Prince Edward Island uses the metric system for all measurement
- TIME ZONE: Atlantic
- CURRENCY: Canadian Dollar
- GETTING THERE: There are three ways to arrive on the island. From New Brunswick, you can drive across the Confederation Bridge, about a 10-minute drive. From Nova Scotia, you can enjoy ferry rides from Northumberland Ferries, which operates May through Mid-December. Or, you could catch a flight and arrive at Charlottetown Airport.
- BEST TIME TO GO: For the most part, Prince Edward Island is considered a summer destination. In July and August the beaches have the warm but May, June, September, and October usually have fine weather and few visitors. In late spring, the famous farm fields glow green, and bright wildflowers blanket the roadsides. Autumn, too, is multihued thanks to the changing fall foliage. A fan of the snow? Come in winter for cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and ice-skating. Keep in mind that many sights and services close in mid-October; however, you won't have any problem finding food, lodging, and fun things to do year-round in Charlottetown.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS: International visitors must carry a valid passport and visa, if required.
- LEGAL AGE: The legal drinking age on the island is 19.
- CHARLOTTETOWN: Enjoy a stroll hand-in-hand along the waterfront. After, head to Victoria Row where you can find a seat at an outdoor patio to enjoy a drink or two while grooving to live music.
- RED SAND SHORES: Take a walk along the coast to witness first-hand the famous red sand cliffs of PEI. Visit some of the historic lighthouses of PEI (which also offer great photo ops) and indulge in some island chocolates or afternoon tea.
- GREEN GABLE SHORES: This area of the island offers a number of activities from award-winning golf courses to deep sea fishing, bike and kayak rentals, quaint gift shops and scrumptious restaurants where you can unwind with a delicious meal and glass of wine as you overlook the beautiful North Shore coastline.
- SCENIC DRIVES: Follow the coast. Because of Prince Edward Island's irregular shape and countless bays and inlets, a trip along our coast delivers new vistas at every turn. Charming communities, each with its own unique flavor, are tucked away, their secret treasures quietly awaiting discovery.
- FOODIES UNITE: If anything, Prince Edward Island will make sure you leave with a full tummy! With an abundance of local ingredients from land and sea mixed with talented chefs, the island offers honeymooners with an unforgettable culinary experience.
- A GOLF HAVEN: With over 25 breathtaking courses throughout the Island, the courses can accommodate all skill levers – from first-timers to professionals. The greens are beautiful, but the views will take your breathe away – from ocean views to forest trails. Spend the day on an 18-course or just the morning with a quick nine.
- GRAB THE KEYS TO THE RV: With quiet roads and an abundance of parks and campgrounds, Prince Edward Island is a heaven for RV lovers.