Riviera Maya Restaurants
Excellent dining experiences can be found in hotels, resorts and restaurants up and down the Riviera Maya corridor. A good idea is to call ahead and ask if non-guests can dine in their restaurants, and you’ll be treated to an ultra-romantic meal. La Lunita in Hacienda de las Tortugas in Akumal; Ambar in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Maroma in Playa del Carmen are just a few of the shining stars of the area.
- AJUA MAYA, Playa del Carmen. This popular eatery offers five-star garden dining to delighted diners who love lobster or Angus beef. A menu of both Mayan and Mexican cuisine, live Latin music and friendly waiters all add to the enjoyment.
Address: 4 Nte between 5 y 10 Avenidas Colonia Centro, 77710
Phone: (984) 873-2523
- LA TARRAYA, Playa del Carmen. With fresh fish that was caught that morning, seafood dishes are the specialty in this informal restaurant that boasts a panoramic view of a sweeping stretch of beach.
Address: Calle 2 norte entre 5a Av. y Zona Federal Maritima
Phone: (984) 873 2040
- BYBLOS, Playa del Carmen. France comes to Mexico in this cozy oasis that’s perfect for quiet, candlelit and romantic dinners. Reservations are a must.
Address: Calle 14 between 5th & 10th Avenue
Phone: (984) 803-1790
- YAXCHE, Playa del Carmen. Get a taste of world famous Yucatan cuisine in a setting that evokes the rich Mayan culture. You’ll love learning about the delicious regional dishes almost as much as you’ll enjoy eating them.
Address: Avenida 5ta y Calle 22
Phone: (984) 873 2502
- LA VIDA BUENA, Akumal. Out-of-this-world fish and meat dishes are as sensational as the romantic ocean views that can be enjoyed while dining outside or on the beach.
Address: Akumal Road
Phone: (505) 992-3333