Riviera Maya Nightlife
Playa del Carmen is a bustling beach town with tons to offer couples on their honemyoon trip. To help you plan your evenings, we’ve compiled the top ten Playa del Carmen nightlife hotspots, from the relaxed to the outrageous and others in between!
10. El Envero
This restaurant serves tasty international cuisine and tapas in a classy environment where you can dip in for lunch in your shorts or make it an intimate evening affair. The food is great, the service is friendly and the atmosphere is great for couples – warm and cozy.
9. Dona Diabla
Feel the sea breeze on your skin as you await an authentic Mexican meal, killing the time with sweet conversation and garden-fresh guacamole and margaritas. No, you’re not on a date with Don Juan…you’re relaxing with your sweetie at Dona Diabla! For a quiter dining experience that’s removed from the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave, try the delicious mexican food and down-home service with a low-key and delicious start to your honeymoon evening.
8. El Alux
Dine and romance in a setting that’s pure magic: the colorful cenotes of Playa del Carmen. Enjoy an appetizer and cocktail before dinner arrives, then watch Mayan dancers twirl through the caves. All the little nooks and corners form semi-private dining areas throughout the cave that are perfect for romance. It’s nothing but romance and relaxation when couples spend an evening out at El Alux.
Telephone: 52 -984-803-0713
This hip, modern restaurant and bar has an open layout so couples can dine among funky Mexican art, palm trees and fantastic live music in a dining area that spills outside. The decor is fun and kitschy but the retains a modern sohpistication, and the menu lists unique and delicious dishes like shish kebobs and curry burgers.
Address: 5th Avenue and 20th Street
6. Blue Parrot
Dancing in a club is fun enough, but the Blue Parrot brings the club to the beach and is a prime spot for late-night partying. Whether or night starts, ends, or just takes a quick detour to the Blue Parrot, it will be one you won’t regret.
5. Hangover Bar Playa
Light snacks, great drinks and a fun atmosphere make Hangover Bar Playa a fun stop on your nightlife crawl. Sing a honeymoon duet on their karaoke system or just sip cocktails together under the swaying palms. Hangover Bar Playa is a great, low-key bar for you to unwind and relax on your Playa del Carmen honeymoon.
Email: [email protected]
Om is a lounge, restaurant and bar where you can chill out under the cool lighting and sip cocktails or dance to the beats of an excellent DJ mix. You’ll surrounded by relaxing Asian-chic decor and could even puff away to honeymoon bliss on a bubbling hookah. Om is a lounge where relaxation and cool vibes are what it’s all about.
3. Coco Bongo
Lasers slice through the fog and flashing lights and beneath, dancers twist and the music rumbles beneath the floor. This one came up again and again in our research for the best all-night party in Playa del Carmen. Coco Bongo’s music mix and technology is world-class and the cover includes an open bar, acrobats soar over the enormous dance floor, but that’s not all – Catch a variety of extravagant shows throughout the night with circus performers, soaring costumed dancers and plenty of surprises to flood the stage. The Playa del Carmen nightlife experience that awaits at Coco Bongo has even been called “Better than Vegas!” It’s one honeymoon party you won’t want to miss.
2. Bali Club
Latin mixes, electronic beats, elaborate stage shows and enough dance space to keep Kevin Bacon busy for weeks…welcome to Bali Club, a trendy nightlife spot in Playa del Carmen where honeymooners can dance around Buddhist statues illuminated in the colored flashes of light. It’s one of the biggest clubs in the area, and the decor and design also make it one of the coolest.
1. La Santanera.
This two-in-one club has a bar and lounge on the upper level where you and your honey can kick back with some drinks and world-class electronic music. Downstairs, La Santanera is a nightclub with DJs spinning the best house music around. This Playa del Carmen nightlife hotspot is very popular with cosmopolitan locals and cool couples who want to end their honeymoon party at the trendiest lounge in town.
Telephone: 52-984- 803-4506
The sun goes down and the nighttime fun revs up virtually everywhere you look. Nightclubs are present in the big towns with flashy DJs and body-shaking music. The many all-inclusive resorts in Riviera Maya typically have a danceclub of their own with different themed dinners and shows every night. Plus, you’ll find bars all around, but these often close around midnight. Something to consider is your return trip back to the hotel or resort. Is the area you’re at safe at closing time? Will there be taxis available? Be sure to make arrangements with your concierge before you head out, or have a number to call for a ride if needed.
- Blue Parrot, Playa del Carmen. This popular establishment offers a romantic cocktail of Caribbean food, tropical drinks and great music served up right at the ocean’s edge. You won’t want to leave.
Address: Calle 12 Norte y la Playa
Phone: (984) 206-3350
- Senor Frog’s Playa del Carmen. This lively spot near the dock was made for the party-hearty crowd. Jump right into the chaos of wild dance music, Jell-0 shots and over-the-top party antics performed by the staff as well as the guests. An endless flow of pina coladas and nicely out-of-control merriment are on the menu every night!
Address: Plaza Marina Mall, Playacar
- Alux, Playa del Carmen. Come for a drink or dinner to this unique club that’s located in a large cave with two lit chambers and numerous nooks and crannies perfect for intimate moments.
Address: Av. Juárez Mza.
Phone: (984) 206-2589
- Coco Bongo, Playa del Carmen. Do you like dancing on tabletops? Good, because it’s certain to happen at this wild and crazy place. This is a crowd pleaser if there ever was one. It’s an offshoot of a popular Cancun club that features pop star impersonators, outrageous shows and non-stop dancing
Address: Avenida 10 at Calle 10
Phone: (984) 803-5939
- Fusion, Playa del Carmen. This beach bar and restaurant mixes in drinks and dinner with fire shows, belly dancing, bossa nova bands and anything else they can dream up. The casual and friendly atmosphere makes the spot popular with locals and tourists alike.
Address: Calle 6 at the beach
Phone: (984) 873-0374
- La Zebra, Tulum. The restaurant and bar at this eco-hip cabana hotel is a favorite for drinking, music and Cuban salsa dancing. Can’t salsa? No worries—on Sundays, free lessons are offered at 6 pm. You won’t be disappointed.
Address: Carretera Tulum–Boca Paila, Km 8.2
Phone: (984) 115-4726