More Riviera Maya
Excellent dining experiences can be found in hotels and resorts up and down the Riviera Maya corridor. A good idea is to call ahead and ask if non-guests can dine in their restaurants, and you’ll be treated to an ultra-romantic meal. La Lunita in Hacienda de las Tortugas in Akumal; Ambar in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Maroma in Playa del Carmen are just a few of the shining stars of the area.
- AJUA MAYA, Playa del Carmen. This popular eatery offers five-star garden dining to delighted diners who love lobster or Angus beef. A menu of both Mayan and Mexican cuisine, live Latin music and friendly waiters all add to the enjoyment.
Address: 4 Nte between 5 y 10 Avenidas Colonia Centro, 77710
Phone: (984) 873-2523
- LA TARRAYA, Playa del Carmen. With fresh fish that was caught that morning, seafood dishes are the specialty in this informal restaurant that boasts a panoramic view of a sweeping stretch of beach.
Address: Calle 2 norte entre 5a Av. y Zona Federal Maritima
Phone:(984) 873 2040
- POSADA MARGHERITA, Tulum. This excellent restaurant within the hotel is well known for delicious breakfasts and handmade pastas and bread. The cuisine is Italian with Mexican highlights and features fresh fish caught daily. The dishes are made even better by the wonderful selection of Italian, Chilean and Argentine wines.
Address: Carretera Tulum-Boca Paila Km. 4.5
Phone: (984) 801-8493
- BYBLOS, Playa del Carmen. France comes to Mexico in this cozy oasis that’s perfect for quiet, candlelit and romantic dinners. Reservations are a must.
Address: Calle 14 between 5th & 10th Avenue
- YAXCHE, Playa del Carmen. Get a taste of world famous Yucatan cuisine in a setting that evokes the rich Mayan culture. You’ll love learning about the delicious regional dishes almost as much as you’ll enjoy eating them.
Address: Avenida 5ta y Calle 22
Phone: (984) 873 2502
- LA VIDA BUENA, Akumal. Out-of-this-world fish and meat dishes are as sensational as the romantic ocean views that can be enjoyed while dining outside or on the beach.
Address: Akumal Road
Phone: (505) 992-3333
Chance of a Thunderstorm93°/75°