Manzanillo is a mix of opulent resorts, resorts in-the-making, and primitive areas that offer endless unspoiled beaches and spectacular scenic beauty. Unlike most other resorts, major things to see and do here are usually hidden away in the lush tropical foliage that borders the beach. Ten miles of beaches are lined with inviting restaurants and sparkling international resorts. It was one of them, Las Hadas, star of the film “10″ that catapulted this area onto the international resort stage. Couples who like to explore will enjoy this area to the fullest. Barra de Navidad, 15 miles away, also has spectacular resorts.
- BREAKFAST AT LA POSADA HOTEL, a small rustic place near the turnoff to town. Made to order US style scrambled eggs with all the fixin's.
- A swim in exquisitely tranquil PLAYA LA AUDIENCIA where Cortes once met with local Indian chiefs.
- A walk along the PUERTO LAS HADAS MARINA PROMENADE.
Tips and Advice
- Average year round temperature: 80 degrees F
- Distance from the airport: 25 miles
- City code: 333
- If you really want to explore the area, rent a car for a few days. Follow the seaside highway and dine in some of the area's favorite restaurants, explore downtown around the port, and then go farther to the unspoiled beaches of Barra de Navidad.
- Five star resorts here are a bit more formal than others, but ties, socks and cocktail dresses are still not necessary.
Chance of a Thunderstorm93°/77°
Chance of a Thunderstorm90°/77°
Chance of a Thunderstorm91°/79°