This is a big city that looks and feels like the country. Year round Spring temperatures, ever flowering sprawling gardens and park make it seem more like a giant country club than Mexico's second largest city. This is the home of several famous Mexican phenomena: Mariachis, the leather throated musicians who belt out songs at the drop of a sombrero; Tequila, the heady national drink; and the Mexican Hat Dance, “Jarabe Tapatio,” and Charros, talented equiestrians. The whole area has an Old World air of colonial charm and grace.
- A CARRIAGE RIDE in Parque Azul or around Degollado Theatre. You'll feel the romance and magic of days gone by.
- A CHARREADA: These displays of horsemanship are colorful and exciting. Hotel desks can tell you where to find them.
Tips and Advice
- Average year round temperature: 80 degrees F
- Distance from the airport: 13 miles
- City code: 36
- Take a city tour to get oriented. It makes getting around easy and shows off the city's major sights to their very best advantage.
- If you like to play tennis or go horseback riding, this is the place!