Recently accredited with 4 Star Country House status by VisitScotland, Raemoir is one of the most beautiful in the Highland, providing exceptional levels of 4-star service. Located near Banchory, the gateway to Royal Deeside and the Whisky, Castle and Golf Trails, this recently refurbished Georgian mansion is set on 11 acres of entirely secluded parkland. This stunning country house at the end of a tree-lined drive is thoroughly impressive and is one of the Scotland’s finest wedding locations. Upon entering the grounds of Raemoir, you will find a world of privacy and peace – the perfect ingredients for a romantic honeymoon.
With two distinct buildings, this Georgian house offers 18 individually decorated ensuite bedrooms. Ha’Hoose dates back to 1715 and has four rooms. Directly in front stands the mansion, which became a hotel in 1943 and holds the other 14 rooms. Unwind with some Afternoon Tea in the Panelled Lounge while enjoying the open views over the grounds. The atmosphere in the evening is replaced with a warm ambience in the winter when the shutters are closed and the fires lit. It is not unusual for guests to drift off to sleep in the comfort of the large armchairs. The Private Sitting Room affords smaller parties the opportunity of privacy whether it be for a intimate gathering or dining for up to 16, and the larger Georgian Room accommodates over 70 and is used frequently for weddings and meetings.
The equally impressive Dining Room, historically the Oval Ballroom, and available to use as such, is a unique feature of the building with its Victorian flocked velvet covered walls, 19th century family portraits and gilt wood mirrors. The room underlines the grandeur of days gone by with its vast, curved windows overlooking the grounds, making it one of the most splendidly-atmospheric dining rooms in the Highlands. In search for a night-cap to end the night? Head to the Big Fish bar to take advantage of the well stocked Whisky Cabinet.
Outside, the beautiful Marquee can accommodate up to 300 guests, although it can be extended to create space large enough for almost any event. Eleven acres of secluded wood and parkland lend themselves perfectly for private parties and outdoor activities and comes complete with a helipad for those wishing to arrive or leave in style.
If you are looking for the splendor and indulgence of a Scottish Country House hotel for your honeymoon then Raemoir awaits.
The Best Parts of Raemoir House
- Morning Coffee
- Afternoon Tea
- Sunday Lunch
- Bar and Lounge
- Outdoor Activities
- Private Parties
Raemoir has consistently held 2 AA rosettes for its food since 1996 and the quality of cuisine continues to be of the highest standard. An A la Carte Bar menu is available at lunchtime and the restaurant offers an A la Carte menu Monday-Friday to non-residents and a Table d’Hote option in the dining room on the weekend. Non-residents are more than welcome for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner.
- Main House
- Ha’ House
- 18 en-suite bedrooms
- Dining Room
- Big Fish Bar
- Private Sitting Room
- Private Dining
- 11-acres of secluded wood and parkland
- Georgian Room
- Hill of Fare
- Free WiFi
- Flat-Screen TV
- Tea/Coffee Making Facilities
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Luxury Toiletries
- Raemoir’s Own Still & Sparkling Water
- Deeside Activity Park: Located minutes from Raemoir, Deeside Activity Park offers a range of outdoor activities and events that range from quad biking and kart racing to paintball and rifle target shooting.
- Cairngorms National Park: Only a short drive from Raemoir, the Cairngorm National Park is a must see destination. The mountain range is the largest and highest in all of Britain and the park covers beautiful and unspoiled countryside.
- Glen Tanar Estate: Situated in a beautiful glen within the Cairngorms National Park, this estate provides an excellent choice of outdoor activities ranging from walking, mountain biking and horse riding to salmon fishing, gliding and wildlife watching.
- Golf: Scotland is the home of golf and there are some truly wonderful opportunities to participate in the sport in the Aberdeenshire area.
- Fishing: The Deeside area has two of the finest salmon and trout rivers in Scotland, the Dee and the Don. Banchory, a short distance from the hotel, sits directly on the River Dee.
- Castles: Crathes Castle is within a few miles of Raemoir, but couples should explore the entire Deeside area as there are many castles in the area.