With beautiful cultural heritage, historic buildings, breathtaking sights and amazing restaurants – Russia can be the perfect pick for a romantic getaway or honeymoon.
For city escapades, head to Moscow. In the capital, romantic walks will have you viewing breathtaking churches standing side by side modern skyscrapers. For sheer romance, head to St. Petersburg, considered to be one of the top tourist destinations. Filled with history and beautiful waterfronts, a horse-drawn carriage way along the streets will be a dream come true. For those hoping to see more of the country, book a journey across Russia on a luxury train. Heading from Moscow to the Pacific Ocean on this 8,000 mile journey, enjoy the ride while you pass through the Ural Mountains, the rocky landscapes of the Altai and Lake Baikal.
Be swept away by the magical allure of Russia on your honeymoon adventure.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Russia
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- CAPITAL: Moscow
- CURRENCY: Russian Ruble
- GETTING THERE: Major airlines operate to Moscow, Russia. Flight time is roughly 11 hours from New York City
- WHEN TO GO: The best time to visit is between July and August as they are the warmest months
- GETTING AROUND: Public transportation in the cities is very comprehensive and affordable with metro, tramway and buses available. However, rail is by far the best, and probably the quickest, way to travel Russia
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Passport must be valid six months beyond your intended stay with two blank pages. A tourist visa is also required to enter the country
- Trans-Siberian Express: Undisputedly the world’s greatest railway journey, travel from Moscow over the Urals Mountains through the glorious Russian steps and along the shores of the world’s largest freshwater lake. Enjoy the sights and sounds while you travel 8,000 miles.
- Christmas in Saint Petersburg: Nothing is quite as beautiful as the holiday festivities in Saint Petersburg. With the winter setting and festive decorations glowing, you’ll be warmed by the holiday spirit.
- Yachting the Baikal: Head to the banks of the world’s largest lake for some romantic adventures. Bathe in the warm waters from Altai’s hot springs, hike the Baikal mountains and unwind with some evening meditation, together.