Imagine an idyllic, organic, solar-powered smallholding in the mountains of central Portugal. Yurt Holiday Portugal offers just that, with two antique-furnished, romantic yurts set on 2 hectares. Each yurt has plenty of privacy, set amid olive groves, vines and fruit trees, with private separate bathrooms. In its beautiful setting, you and your loved one can sip cocktails in hammocks, eat organic food, enjoy river swimming and go hiking in the lush, forested hills. Expect an abundance of organic, local produce, luscious breakfasts, and even packed lunches and dinner on request. This will be a holiday where you’ll really get to relax and enjoy another world.
With all the romance and adventure of sleeping under canvas, and none of the discomfort, at Yurt Holiday Portugal you can enjoy biking, river swimming and picnics in the forests, as well as caipirinhas on the veranda and a chance to wonder at the brilliance of the night sky.This is also a great base from which to explore some of central Portugal’s absolute highlights. Easy day trips include the lovely university town of Coimbra, the extraordinary Convento do Cristo in Tomar, the amazing Buccacao Forest & Palace and the gorgeous towns of Aveiro and Viseu.
Yurt Holiday staff are there to ease your way and help you explore as much as you’d like, providing insider local information and their much-appreciated ‘treasure maps’, guiding you to wild swimming spots or walking trails. They can also help you arrange any local activities and special days out, like driving by tuk tuk to the local aquaduct, or adding special honeymoon-to-remember romantic touches.
The Best Parts of Yurt Holiday Portugal
- Lazing in a hammock
- Home-cooked food
- Wild swimming on river beaches
- Epic, beautiful rambles
- Mountain biking
- Canoeing and kayaking
- Local festas
- Horseback riding
- Swings and table tennis on the grounds
- Incredible Convento de Cristo at Tomar
- The magnificent Pegoes Aqueduct
- Beautiful Buccacao Forest & Palace
- Historic Coimbra University and library
- Amazing Conimbriga Roman ruins
- Aveiro, the Venice of Portugal, with its canals and beaches
- Lively Viseu, surrounded by lush forests and famous for its red wines
- Breakfast A substantial breakfast is included, using local produce wherever possible. It includes hot bread, french toast, homemade jams and honey, cereals, fruit, yoghurts/eggs and tea or coffee with hot frothy milk. Breakfast is served on the veranda or beside your yurt on request.
- Lunch Packed lunches are available, with advance notice. These are low-level waste and packaging hampers to enjoy by the river, at the yurt, or wherever you like
- Supper Their popular home-cooked, candlelit evening meals are served on the spacious veranda, which offers a chance to socialise with other guests. Staff uses fresh local produce wherever possible, so they ask you to book your meals 48 hours ahead. They cook a set menu for the day according to your tastes and nutritional needs.
- Drinks Yurt Holiday Portugal is happy to provide flasks of tea and coffee, and popular cocktails include Caipirinhas, mojitos and Moscow mules.
- Other Yurt Holiday Portugal caters to vegan and other dietary needs, and have plenty of restaurant recommendations for nearby Gois and Arganil.
- Table tennis
- Spring water
- Forest garden
- Free Parking
- Double bed
- Antique furniture
- Steam trunk
- Side lights
- Side tables
- Information folder
- Sky lights