Villa Le Barone Hotel
Villa Le Barone Hotel
19 via San Leolino
50022 Panzano in Chianti (FI)
Villa le Barone is a small (28 rooms), privately run, 4-star boutique hotel in the Chianti region of Tuscany, just at equal distance (18 miles) from the beautiful historical cities of Florence and Sienna. Villa le Barone hosts many honeymooners; guests who have decided to marry during their visit; and many couples who faithfully return for their anniversaries...before coming back for family reunions!
Villa Le Barone is a property run by the same family since the Renaissance (owned by the Della Robbia Florentine family), that was converted into a small boutique hotel 35 years ago. The hotel and its rooms have kept the antique furniture and pictures, the stylish atmosphere of a patrician home, and the quality and friendly service of old times. Style and elegance, of course, go together with modern comforts like air conditioning, safe, internet room access, and free Wi-Fi... TripAdvisor rates us the number 1 four-star hotel in Panzano.
Villa Le Barone is set on top of a hill, among 10 acres of rose gardens and olive trees, and located in front of a 12th century abbey (San Leolino). A beautiful swimming pool and a tennis court, both with a beautiful view, allow you to relax and enjoy your honeymoon in the Italian countryside. A small fitness center and a fitness trail allow you to work out, unless you choose to go jogging on one of the many paths in the woods surrounding the Villa. An 18 hole golf course is just 12 miles away (Golf dell’Ugolino).
The restaurant (solely for hotel guests) serves Tuscan recipes made with local fresh products only (meat and olive oil are supplied by our own farm and wines come from the many surrounding wineries). Vegetarians and persons sensitive to gluten have their own recipes. We also give a morning hands-on cooking course with, for lunch, a 4 course meal prepared from start to finish. Villa le Barone is in the heart of the Chianti Classico wine region and wine tastings are very easy to organize, making for a perfect honeymoon outing.
- Visits to nearby Tuscan art cities: Florence, Sienna, San Gimignano & more
- Itineraries provided for visits to hidden gems of Tuscany and Chianti “off the beaten track”
- Wine Tastings and visits to wine cellars
- Cooking classes
- Visits to historical Italian gardens (public and private)
- Table tennis
- Fitness trail
- Hire a Vespa and scoot around Chianti
- Villa le Barone. In the restaurant, on the terrace in the greenery, or on the “garden of Hearts terrace”, candlelit traditional Tuscan dinners.
- Dario Cecchini. 3 restaurants for meat lovers, “Solociccia”, “Dario DOC” , and the “Officina della bistecca” by the internationnally famous butcher Dario Cecchini
- Ristoro di Lamole. Traditional Tuscan cuisine served on a terrace with a beautiful view.
- Cantinetta Sassolini. Typical Tuscan cooking in the heart of Panzano.
In Room Amenities
- Hair dryer
- Erbolario Toscano ‘s care products
- 2 bathrobes
- Fine bed linens and pillow cover
- Private bar
- In-room safe
- Complimentary in-room Wireless Internet access
- Air conditioning
- Television on request
- Evening turndown service
On Site Amenities
- Honor Bar
- Complimentary parking
- Fitness trails
- Fitness room
- Detailed car itineraries to discover Tuscany off the beaten track
- Detailed hiking and cycling itineraries in Chianti
- Complimentary Wireless Internet access in the lounges, on the terrace, & close to the pool
- Tennis, Table tennis
- Swimming pool
- Reception services to book wine tastings, guides for excursions, Vespa, ballooning & more
- Airport (Florence or Pisa) and train station (Florence) taxi service available through the reception
Nearby / Recommended
Visit Florence and/or Sienna with a Guide
Distance from the Airport: Florence airport is about 30 km or 19 miles. The Pisa airport is about 90 km, or 5 miles.