Experience Costa Rica like never before with Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa. Ideal for romantic escapes and honeymoons, this adults only property has everything needed for an intimate getaway. Nestled between the luscious mountains and a stunning beach with black, volcanic sands, this resort offers guests Unlimited-Luxury® featuring gourmet dining, exceptional services, premium amenities, and more.
Relax and spend time with your loved one aside the exuberant Arenilla Beach in Costa Rica’s Gulf of Papagayo. From snorkeling beneath the turquoise waters to enjoying a refreshing cocktail with wait service on the beach, there is something for every couple. Cool off with two pools and a swim-up bar, and take part in other activities such as yoga classes, Pilates, tennis, and wine tastings. Indulge in an intimate couples massage at the Secrets Spa, which features a sauna, a private shower, and a relaxing, indoor lounge. With so much to see and do, the fun never stops.
Secrets Papagayo offers four amazing restaurants, including limitless access to two a la carte restaurants Perfect for quick snacks, the Seaside Grill features grilled favorites by the pool, while Himitsu boasts Pan-Asian cuisine served a la carte. Portofino is a formal, romantic restaurant offering delectable Italian favorites. Top-shelf spirits are available from five bars and lounges. The lobby bar, Rendezvous, is known for refreshing cocktails and a chic ambience. Additional nightly entertainment features live music, beach parties, karaoke, and big screen movies on the beach.
Every one of the 202 spacious guestrooms includes Unlimited-Luxury® with 24-hour room, a daily refreshed minibar, and a private, furnished balcony or patio with remarkable views. Additionally amenities feature a spacious bathroom with a shower, the exclusive Secrets Box for private room service, an in-room safe, and a coffee maker. Upgrade to the Preferred Club to receive preferred status, private check-in, enhanced minibar and bath amenities, and more.
Honeymooners receive the Secrets Eternity Honeymoon Package complimentary when booking the minimum required room category for 7 nights or more. For destination weddings, guests have their choice of a few different packages, including the Secrets Wedding in Paradise Package complimentary, when booking the minimum required room category for a minimum of 7 nights.
The Best Parts of Secrets Papagayo Resort & Spa
- Beach and water volleyball
- Water aerobics
- Yoga classes
- Non-motorized watersports
- Beach walks
- Cooking lessons
- Fitness center
- Secrets Spa by Pevonia
- Wine and tequila tasting
- Big screen movies under the stars
- Theme nights
- Beach Parties
- Live shows
- Market Café – Buffet style restaurant serving international cuisine and local favorites with theme stations and show cooking experiences.
- Seaside Grill – Quick bites and grilled favorites served by the pool.
- Himitsu – Pan-Asian cuisine served a la carte for dinner.
- Portofino – A la carte restaurant serving Italian favorites in an elegant, romantic ambience.
- Coco Café – Premium coffee and deli snacks, as well as late night bites.
- Access to two unique, volcanic sand beaches
- Romantic mountain and jungle backdrops
- Two gorgeous pools
- Swim-up bar
- 5 Restaurants
- 5 Bars and Lounges
- Unlimited top-shelf spirits
- Secrets Spa by Pevonia
- Fitness Center
- Tennis courts
- Wedding gazebo
- 202 finely appointed guestrooms
- Gift shop
- Entertainment palapa
- Car rental
- Currency exchange
- Laundry services
- 24-hour room and concierge services
- Air conditioning with individual control
- Spacious bathroom with a shower
- Private, furnished terrace or patio
- Secrets Box for private room service
- Daily refreshed minibar
- Coffee maker
- 48 inch Smart TV
- In-room safe
- Vanity mirror
- IPod docking station with alarm clock radio
- Slippers and bathrobes
- Full-body mirror
- Pillow menu
- Peninsula Papagayo Golf Course – 18-hole, par-72 championship course, ranked among the "Top 100 Courses outside the United States" by Golf Digest, located 30 minutes from Secrets Papagayo.
- Coco-Beach – Known as Playas del Coco, is one of the most popular beaches in Costa Rica and is a favorite for both tourists and locals.
- Barra Honda National Park – Located on northwest of Guanacaste’s main transportation hub and features a wealth of great activities such as hiking trails, waterfall swimming, and more.
- Arenal Volcano National Park – What used to be one of the most active volcanoes in Costa Rica, Arenal continues to be a popular tourist attraction with hot springs and the tiny town of La Fortuna.