Welcome to Thatch Caye All-Inclusive Private Island Resort in Belize, one of the only resorts offering overwater bungalows. Perfectly located along the Belize Barrier Reef and just a short boat ride away from excursions and adventures, this resort limits the number of guests to just 30 at a time, guaranteeing a unique experience. See all that Belize has to offer while staying on a private island. Whether you are spending the week with us, sailing to us, or just spending the day with us, Thatch Caye is waiting for you with a welcome drink in hand.
If your perfect week is lounging on the beach, eating buffets and spending lots of time in your lavish suite, we’re probably not the resort for you.
Thatch Caye offers adventure and island fun in a barefoot casual environment. This is a special place offering incredible experiences that you cannot find anywhere else. Our accommodations are breathtaking with a rustic Belizean feel, but only include the necessities, unlike your typical luxury hotel suite. You can find the TV, coffee and wifi in the Coco Lounge. We encourage community and wouldn’t be surprised if you leave with a few new friends. You’ll eat your meals together and be invited to join the daily adventures. It’s perfectly fine if you decide to just hang on the island, but we will be going snorkeling, diving, fishing, etc. every day. The island is limited to 30 guests at a time, so prepare for a vacation that few ever get the chance to experience. Welcome to your private island.
The Best Parts of Thatch Caye
- Scuba Diving
- Private dining available
- Experience all-inclusive private island dining at Thatch Caye Resort. They hire the best local chefs with international experience to ensure you have a wide variety of Belizean and international dishes. Three set-menu meals and an afternoon snack are served each day: fresh cooked breakfast, a traditional Belizean lunch, snack and an authentic three-course dinner.
- Dinner is a communal experience where all guests eat together under the beautiful stars. Prefer a bit more privacy one night? A romantic private dinner can be arranged.
- Thatch Caye serves meals in the breakfast room, the covered dining area, or outside under the sun or stars. Before and after dinner, you can have a drink at the bar. Enjoy a tropical drink or a locally brewed beer after a day of adventures. It is perfect for relaxing in the evening!
- They cater to any dietary restrictions; just let them know when you book your trip what you require so the cooks will be prepared and the island kitchen well stocked.
- Salt-Water fly fishing
- Swim area
- Paddle Boards
- Poolside Bar
- WiFi in Community Areas,
- All-Inclusive On-Site Dining,
- Transfer to and from the Island,
- Daily Housekeeping
- Welcome Drinks
- Wedding Planning Services
- Overwater bungalows or oceanfront cabanas
- Full bath with shower
- Balcony or rooftop deck with hammock
- Complimentary purified water
- Thatch Caye provides land and water transportation between the island and Dandriga Airport.