St. George’s Caye Resort offers an intimate private island experience for your honeymoon where you can relax and indulge in rustic elegance and unparalleled service. This small island resort off the coast of Belize offers you a choice of Overwater or Oceanfront Cabana in the perfect tropical setting, with ample privacy and relaxation, and opportunities to be active and adventurous if you want to be. Situated on the sandy beaches of a small, private residential island, St. George’s Caye Resort has 12 well-appointed cabanas and a main lodge, all of which are just a stone’s throw from the crystal clear waters of the Caribbean. It is located less than a mile from the Belize Barrier Reef and offers some of the best diving and snorkeling in the world.
Why Honeymoon at St. George’s Caye Resort?
- Small, intimate resort with limited number of guests at any one time
- Less travel time (more honeymoon time!) than any other Belize island resort and all transfers are provided
- Safe and secluded location on a private residential island with no public transportation - so there are no crowds and no unwanted visitors
- Impeccable personal service from our friendly, local, English-speaking staff
- Delicious farm-to-table dining for 3 meals a day and coffee/tea and juice delivered to your private veranda every morning
- Easy access to ocean and jungle adventures, from snorkeling and SCUBA diving to exploring Mayan ruins and zip-lining in the jungle
The Best Parts of St. George's Caye Resort
- SCUBA Diving
- Jungle Zip-Lining
- Cave Tubing
- Mainland Excursions
- Belize Cultural Tour
- Lamanai Mayan Ruins
- San Pedro Slam
- The Lodge at St. George’s Caye Resort. Guests get to know each other while sharing meals and stories on the outdoor dining porch overlooking the ocean (for honeymooners, the resort also offers private moonlit dinners on one of the docks, on the beach, or in their lush gardens). Meal plan is included in all honeymoon packages (regularly $60pp/day) and features made-to-order breakfast, lunch, and 4-course dinner daily. Also included are coffee/tea and juice delivered to your cabana every morning and juice and water with meals. Dietary restrictions/allergies will be happily accommodated.
- Saline swimming pool
- Beach with chairs and hammocks
- Lounge with full bar
- Covered oceanfront dining porch
- Windsurfing equipment
- Hobie Cat sailing boats
- Ocean swimming
- Gift shop
- Beach volleyball
- Fishing off docks
- Dive shop and certified dive instructors
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in lounge and outdoor dining porch
- Queen or King size bed
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling and floor fans
- Stocked mini-fridge/mini-bar
- Private bathroom with shower, soaps, shampoo, conditioner
- Individual safe for your valuables
- Mosquito net over bed
- Beach towels
- Personal hammock and chairs on the front porch
- Daily housekeeping
- Belize Barrier Reef: The coral reef system, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is home to more than 500 species of fish, as well as sea turtles, dolphins, spotted eagle rays, andnumerous invertebrates.
- The Blue Hole: A Mecca for SCUBA enthusiasts, the Blue Hole is a sink hole located within the Lighthouse Reef Atoll that spans 1000 feet in diameter and measures 408 feet at its deepest point. Discovered by Jacques Cousteau in the early 1970s, the Blue Hole is a natural masterpiece to behold.
- St. George’s Caye Aquarium: The only other business on our island, this small aquarium run by a father and son team is only $5 US for entry and lets you get a first-hand look at Belize marine life rehabilitation.
Distance from the Airport: 20 minute van ride followed by 20 minute boat ride, transfers provided.