Hello world. Welcome to Hopkins Bay Resort. Ideally situated at the edge of Belize, on the Caribbean Sea, in the heart of the cozy Garifuna village of Hopkins Bay. Voted friendliest city in Belize and otherwise known as the real Belize. If you want the authentic experience in Belize family resort environment, welcome home.
The real Belize has a way of bringing out the real you. Your best you. There’s jungle for your inner hiker and inner zipliner. Reefs for your inner snorkeler and inner fisherman. Caves for your inner kayaker. Waterfalls for your inner rappeller. Ancient Mayan Ruins for your inner explorer. And Rhum Bar for your inner pina colada drinker.
Daredevils and beach bums rejoice. We’ve taken care of all the little details standing between you and your next “ooh” and “ahh”. The hardest decision you’ll have to make at Hopkins Bay is which palm tree you’d like to swing on a hammock from at the end of the day.
Hopkins Bay is the ideal outpost to explore the Belize Barrier Reef, climb ancient Maya cities, canoe or kayak on Belize’s Jungle Rivers, go birding on rainforest adventures, or just relax in a hammock on the beach!
The resort offers 18 Beach Houses which can be divided into 1-, 2- or 3-Bedroom Houses. Couples can enjoy a 1-Bedroom Beach House with a king-size bed and balcony. Families and friends can make themselves at home in a 2- or 3-Bedroom Beach House with a full kitchen, living area and private baths. Whatever accommodation you choose, you’ll be just a stone’s throw away from the beach and an unforgettable Belize vacation.
Book your beachfront stay today. Belize can’t wait to meet you.
The Best Parts of Hopkins Bay Resort
- Scuba Diving
- Fly Fishing
- Beach Volleyball
- Beach Bocce
- Inland Jungle Adventures
- Mayan Sites visits
- In-house Garifuna Cooking experience
- Kayak safari
- The Rhum Shack: The Rhum Shack offers an exquisite beachfront dining experience allowing you to taste the many flavors of Belize while enjoying refreshing sea breezes and views. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a daily happy hour
- The Drum Bar: Sip on delicious Belizean cocktails using our finest local fruits and liquors by our onsite mixologist. We also serve tacos for lunch daily.
- Free Parking
- Welcome Drinks
- Wi-Fi in rooms & common areas
- Onsite restaurant
- Poolside Bar
- Beach & Pool Chairs
- 2 Swimming Pools w. kids sections
- Complimentary Bike/Kayak Use
- 24-hour security
- Onsite Concierge
- Babysitting services (upon request)
- Daily Housekeepping
- Laundry Services
- Wedding planning
- Master suite w. King Bed and ensuite bathroom
- Flat screen TV with premium channels
- Alarm Clocks
- Ceiling Fan
- Coffee Maker
- Private deck with ocean views
- Furnished Patio
- Comfortable, relaxed sitting area
- Hardwood floors
- Vaulted ceilings
- In-Room Safe
- Hair Dryer
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Double Vanity
- Art by local artists
- Daily Complimentary Purified Water (Bottled)
There are three options/transfers to get to the resort:
- Commuter Flight: You can board a 15-minute commuter flight from BZE to Dangriga (DGA) where we can pick you up. Roundtrip flights are US$195.00 per person while roundtrip road transfers from Dangriga to Hopkins are US$75.00. All transfers incur a 12.5% GST and 10% service charge per person.
- Road Transfer: Feel free to book your own road transfer from Belize City if you would prefer not to book a commuter flight. Ask our travel specialist for assistance in booking. Road transfers are 3 hours each way.
- Car Rental: The drive from Belize City to Hopkins is approximately 3 hours and is a scenic one over rolling hills and valleys and through orange orchards. We usually recommend Budget Car Rentals (www.budget-belize.com) in Belize City.