Happily ever after begins with a wedding or honeymoon in Belize. With a reputation for romance quickly growing among young trend-setters, the azure sea found here coupled with pristine sands, lush jungle and mystic Maya temples all serve to create a gloriously exotic celebration destination. And, the sultry tropical weather, affordable luxuries and warm hospitality of the Belizean people make this a perfect setting to host any type of wedding gala – from extravagant or intimate to exciting or tranquil.
Belize offers a wide array of locations that will be the highlight of your special day. Most hotel properties offer wedding and honeymoon packages complete with hotel suites, a wedding coordinator, minister, cake, flowers and an authentic Belizean setting focused on meeting your every desire.
You can choose a traditional affair, which typically features a Belizean dinner menu including ceviche and rice and beans. Garifuna drums and indigenous flowers are also a wonderful addition that works to provide a completely authentic Caribbean experience. A less-customary style chosen by more adventuresome brides and grooms-to-be is what Belizean dive operators refer to as “wedding bubbly.” During this celebration, couples take the plunge under the sea to tie the knot with dive operators who offer certification for the entire wedding party!
Regardless of the style of the affair, you can rest assured that Belize will provide an ideal environment for kicking off your shoes and unwinding among the sandy shores and luxurious sunshine.
- THE AQUARIUM: At night, the water comes alive at Tranquility Bay Resort. From enormous Tarpon, to teams of sting rays followed by hoards of Spotted Eagle Rays, with dolphins, barracuda and a host of other fish, you will see it all standing on our dock. We are located inside the Bacalar Marine Reserve, therefore you are able to witness the wonders of the sea at night right from our over-the-water restaurant.
- BELIZEAN SUNSET: Join us on a cruise on one of the beautifully appointed catamarans in our fleet. Enjoy a cold Belikin, rum punch or water and snacks as you cruise along with the lovely San Pedro Shoreline on one side, and the Belizean Barrier Reef on the other. Both are only meters away. Sit back, relax and watch the sun set on the Caribbean.
- MAYAN RUINS: Belize is the center of Mundo Maya, or Mayan World. With excavated and unexcavated ruins dating back thousands of years, SeaDuced by Belize can take you there. Day trips to Altun Ha or Lamanai are arranged to allow you an unbelizeable glimpse into living history. A once in a lifetime opportunity awaits.
- BELIZE ZOO: The Belize Zoo and Tropical Education Center is settled upon 29 acres of tropical savanna and exhibits over 125 animals all native to Belize. The zoo keeps animals which were orphaned, born at the zoo, rehabilitated animals, or sent to The Belize Zoo as gifts from other zoological institutions.
- BLUE HOLE NATIONAL PARK: Maintained by the Belize Audubon Society (www.belizeaudubon.org), the Great Blue Hole is a stunning ocean-floor sinkhole that measures 1,000 feet across and 412 feet deep. Book an air charter to view this amazing site, or hop a dive ship to experience the extraordinary marine life and geological wonders first hand.
- EL CARACOL: Though Belize contains many wonderful archeological sites waiting for you to explore, El Caracol is considered to be among the most significant Mayan ruin in the country. For more information see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caracol,_Belize.
- PLACENCIA: For a day or two of fun and relaxation, head for the beach! In the southern town of Plancencia, easily reached by air or bus, you can visit one of the country's top water destinations. With 16 miles of white sand and turquoise water, you'll have ample time for a romantic stroll by the water's edge, or explore a lagoon in a kayak, or even sail to an uninhabited caye to enjoy the solitude together.
Tips and Advice
- LOCATION: Belize is located in Central America along the Caribbean coast.
- AREA CODE: 501
- TIMEZONE: US Central Standard Time all year round.
- CLIMATE: Sub-tropical. The annual rainfall runs from 51 inches in the northern part of the country to 175 inches in the south.
- GETTING AROUND: Taxis are readily available in resort areas and towns. They can be easily identified by their green license plates.
- SIZE: Approximately 8,867 square mile (22,800 square km).
- LANGUAGE: English is the official language of Belize. Spanish is also widely spoken as well as Mayan, Garifuna and Creole.
- CURRENCY: Belizean dollar. There is approximately $1.00US for every $2.00Bz.
- ELECTRICITY: 110 volts AC.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- RESPECT THE BEAUTY: Given the importance of nature in Belizean life – particularly to its tourism industry --please bring only biodegradable or environmentally-friendly products (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) when visiting here.
- STAY PROTECTED: Water bottles as well as sunscreen with a high SPF are a ‘must’ when you travel around Belize.
- KEEP HEALTHY: For US citizens considering a honeymoon in Belize, you can review what vaccinations and other health precautions are necessary before traveling to Belize. Go to http://wwwn.cdc.gov/travel/default.aspx for more information.
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
WEBSITE We've partnered with WedPics, a free app that gives you a place to get all your wedding photos in one place without digging through social media profiles after the wedding! Organize, download and even order prints right from the app, and don't spend even one minute scouring the web for friend's photos and videos. MORE
Chance of a Thunderstorm88°/79°
Chance of a Thunderstorm90°/79°
Chance of a Thunderstorm88°/79°