Port Antonio Overview
Rustic, authentic and breathtaking: welcome to Port Antonio, a place where couples can experience the charm of real Jamaica and a popular getaway destination for celebrities from Denzel Washington to Shakira. Sleepier and less commercial than some of the other parts of the island developed for tourism, Port Antonio gives a quieter, more old-fashioned experience of Caribbean bliss in the same breathtaking tropical surroundings Jamaica is known for. There are fewer crowds, meaning more intimate moments, and more of the feeling that the area is there just for you.
From luxe resorts to quiet hotels, from beaches to waterfalls, from reggae to rafting, Port Antonio offers equal parts recreation and relaxation. Nature obsessed eco-honeymooners will love losing themselves in the jungle trails, mountain hikes and excursions on the water, and sun junkies will revel in the chance to visit some of the Caribbean’s prettiest beaches and coves.
Talk to your hotel concierge to design a getaway with your own combination of both, and escape on the perfect Jamaican honeymoon to Port Antonio.
- SOMETHING BLUE: Port Antonio is the perfect place for something old, something new and something blue with incredible mountain views. The dazzling Blue Mountains and the Blue Lagoon, made famous by a 1980 movie starring Brooke Shields are two of the island’s most romantic natural wonders. Adventurous couples love hiking mountain trails and swimming in the famous lagoon. Whether you like to trek or just lie back and float surrounded by beautiful scenery, you’re sure to love both!
- FRENCHMAN'S COVE BEACH: This is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world with a secluded location and an exclusive vibe. Frenchman’s Cove is a private estate with a jewel like blue cove that opens out into the Caribbean. Even if you’re not a guest at the at Frenchman's Cove resort, you’re still welcome to enjoy it. Pack a picnic and have an intimate honeymoon day at one of the most romantic places in Jamaica!
- (WATER)FALL INTO LOVE: Port Antonio is known for its breathtaking jungle waterfalls. Steal a kiss and fall in love all over again as you enjoy their dramatic beauty! Each has its own unique character, so try to see several.
- THE RIO GRANDE: This is the “Go-To” spot for hiking, rafting, fishing and more. Try to take a raft trip or a walk to see the spectacular jungle foliage along the banks.
- A REAL JAMAICAN MARKET: This authentic, downtown marvel of a market is your chance to browse the wares of a typical Jamaican street market. See the real Jamaica as you browse the colorful stalls offering cool clothes, exotic fruits and vegetables and local crafts. Don’t forget your camera, and keep your money in a safe place!
WEBSITE Check out this incredible deal exclusively from Turtle Island Fiji, the ultimate in luxurious, exotic, intimate island escapes. FREE airfare to couples who book a 7-day vacation between February 21st and June 15th 2015! MORE
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
Chance of a Thunderstorm86°/73°
Chance of a Thunderstorm84°/75°
Chance of a Thunderstorm88°/75°