Lake Louise Overview
An unrivaled alpine escape is at your fingertips with a honeymoon in Lake Louise. Inside Canada’s Banff National Park in the province of Alberta, the breathtaking beauty of untouched landscapes and massive mountain ranges add up to what is among the most exceptional vacation destinations of the world. In the park is the village of Lake Louise in all its natural splendor of sparkling turquoise water at the edge of the mammoth Victoria Glacier. This beloved spot in the Canadian Rockies affords you many comfortable places to stay, romantic restaurants with regional fare, festivals, unbelievable sights and a multitude of activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
Snow drifting down in the winter months creates much more than just a lovely backdrop for sharing a kiss and a cup of tea by the lake. Lace up your boots for downhill skiing or snowboarding or enjoy romantic horse-drawn sleigh rides and even try mushing through the woods on a dog sled. Then with the spring thaw and summer sun come even more natural adventure as you watch majestic animals in their spectacular environment. You’ll spring to life as well with scenic drives to glaciers and surrounding villages, wonderful strolls to pick wildflowers that blossom in alpine meadows, world-class golfing, hiking, fishing and so much more.
Lake Louise is brimming with natural wonder and excitement for honeymooners who enjoy adrenaline-pumping adventure to go along with their passion. Take your love outdoors for sport and splendor on a getaway you won’t ever forget in the shadow of the spectacular Rockies.
WHAT TO DO ON YOUR LAKE LOUISE HONEYMOON.
Walk on a glacier? Fly high above the foliage in a helicopter ride? In the air or on the ground, the list of outdoor activities is only limited by your imagination.
- HIKE. Whether on snowshoes in the winter or mountain boots in the summer, among the best ways to see Lake Louise is to simple get out there and walk. Full- or half-day guided tours can give you the optimum experience of fun, learning and exploration.
- GET WET AND WILD. Whitewater rafting around the Lake Louise area provides tailored opportunities for adventure regardless of your expertise. Most tours provide all required equipment as well as any necessary instruction. The Canadian Rockies were meant to be explored like this!
- TRY LAKE HOPPING. “Moraine” is a geological term meaning the collection of boulders, stones and sediment created by glacial activity. Less than 7 miles from Lake Louise is the equally gorgeous, and aptly named, Moraine Lake, which is easily accessible by car or bus.
- GO ABOVE AND BEYOND. Soar high in the sky in either an open chair or enclosed gondola to a height of 6,850 feet! The excitement doesn’t have to end when you reach the top, either. Enjoy a tasty meal at the Lodge of the Ten Peaks and take a guided tour or hike of your own.
- GLIDE ON THICK OR THIN. …boards that is! Lake Louise is a dream destination for honeymooners seeking some of the most incredible skiing and snowboarding in the Northern hemisphere. In town or nearby, Lake Louise is centrally located to many excellent spots for downhill excitement.
- GET ON A DOG SLED. Those who have tried it will assure you that it really is a one-of-a-kind experience. In Lake Louise, you can find half hour introductory rides or up to 2 hour runs to the Continental Divide. All instruction and equipment is included.
Tips and Advice
- WHEN TO GO: Lake Louise, and Banff National Park at large, is a wonderful honeymoon destination at any time of year. Depending on your preference of outdoor activity, you have abundant opportunities to celebrate your love any way you like. If budget is a concern, you may consider visiting in late spring or early fall. Prices are generally lower, there are fewer crowds and the temperatures are quite comfortable.
- ALL METRIC, ALL THE TIME: In Canada, temperatures are measured in Celsius, while speed limits, and distances are in kilometers. Volume, as in gasoline, is measured in liters.
- CURRENCY: The Canadian Dollar.
- ELECTRICITY: Canada uses the 110-volt system, which is the same as in the United States.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- SUPPLY CENTRAL: The Samson Mall is filled with merchants and shops of all kinds for any need you may have: gifts, clothing, toys, glassware, bath items and even local art.
- THE CAR ADVANTAGE: The easiest, most flexible way to travel is by car. The Trans-Canadian Highway 1 and Icefields Parkway can take you to Lake Louise from airports, surrounding towns like Banff and Jasper as well as the nearest major cities, Edmonton and Calgary.
- KNOW THE TIME: Lake Louise is within Mountain Standard Time. Be aware that they also take part in Daylight Saving Time exactly like in the U.S. from the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.
- DRESS COMFORTABLY: In Lake Louise, staying warm in winter and cool in summer is all about layers. Like most mountain locations, the climate can change fairly rapidly. You also can work up quite a sweat even in winter with all the activity, so dressing in layers that can be easily removed or added is important to feeling at your best.
BOOK NOW! This flash sale for a Cook Islands getaway includes round trip airfare for a cheap honeymoon package that doesn't skimp on fun, relaxation and pure seclusion in an island paradise. Just $1949 per person until April 30th! MORE
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
WEBSITE We've partnered with WedPics, a free app that gives you a place to get all your wedding photos in one place without digging through social media profiles after the wedding! Organize, download and even order prints right from the app, and don't spend even one minute scouring the web for friend's photos and videos. MORE
Chance of Snow41°/27°
Chance of Rain45°/30°