THE CROSSROADS OF BEAUTY, ADVENTURE AND ROMANCE
Newlyweds who consider their new life together an adventure can turn it into reality with a honeymoon in Banff. Nestled in Alberta’s majestic Canadian Rockies, Banff National Park is Canada’s oldest park and a paradise fornature lovers. Surrounded by gorgeous forests, wildlife of all kinds, crystal clear lakes and streams as well as glaciers and snowfields, the village of Banff offers truly spectacular and inexpensive opportunities to get close to nature in its most pristine form.
Banff is a year-round spectacle for couples wanting an active honeymoon filled with biking, hiking, fishing, and some of the finest skiing you’re likely to find anywhere during the winter months. What’s more, activities can be taken to the max with everything from helicopter tours to heli-skiing and heli-hiking, which drops you off in untouched locations to indulge in your extreme sporting appetite.
Lodging in Banff can meet any budget from high-end resorts to backwoods lodges that forego modern amenities such as running water or electricity, and even campgrounds for the truly adventurous of heart. When it comes to dining, prepare for fresh food in hearty quantities with local delicacies including trout, venison, elk, moose and bison. Area restaurants lean towards a more casual experience.
For lovers of exceptional skiing, stunning mountain vistas and abundant wildlife, your Banff honeymoon brings nature front and center for an unforgettable eco-adventure within one of the most spectacular mountain ranges on earth.
- BIRD WATCH. More than 260 bird species have been recorded in Banff National Park. It’s a wonderful way to experience the stellar outdoor scenery any season you visit. Regular sightings include numerous waterfowl, swans, teal and even bald eagles.
- SPEND A DAY OR TWO IN GOLDEN. Just a short drive from Banff, Golden is a bustling little town with hotels, restaurants and tours. Highlights include a 924-foot gondola ride, alpine lodges, cross-country skiing and much more, but without the large crowds you can find in other locations.
- CANOE ON EMERALD LAKE. From vivid turquoise water surrounded by the majestic President Range to a cup of tea at Emerald Lake Lodge, you’ll inspire an endless supply of romantic moments together canoeing an afternoon away on Emerald Lake.
- LACE UP YOUR HIKING BOOTS. With over 1,000 miles of hiking trails, there’s no shortage of scenic lakes, alpine vistas and wildlife to observe on walks that can be as vigorous or leisurely as you like. The trails wind over a diverse array of locations from meadows and glaciers to forests and canyons.
- SOAK IN THE HOT SPRINGS. Banff Upper Hot Springs are naturally hot mineral springs to relax and ease your muscles before, during or after a long day of hiking or skiing. There are few things more romantic at any time of the year!
- TAKE A SUNDAY DRIVE (ANY DAY). The spectacular Icefields Parkway is 143 miles of unforgettable scenery between Banff and Jasper. Discover why it’s appropriately considered one of North America’s most valued natural treasures.
Tips and Advice
- CURRENCY: The Canadian Dollar.
- ELECTRICITY: Canada uses the same 110 volt system as the United States. Most hotels and resorts stock international converters to purchase if needed.
- GETTING AROUND: Renting a car is your best bet for transportation in Banff. It allows you easy freedom to get from the major airports to the town as well as surrounding communities. Plus, the drive in and around the area is fantastically scenic. Once in Banff, there are taxis, buses and tours you can take advantage of.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- HUGE OUTDOOR OPPORTUNITIES: Banff National Park is tremendous in size. At 2,564 square miles of dramatic mountains, gigantic glaciers, high moraine lakes and sparkling rushing rivers, you’re honeymoon in Banff should be planned out to make the most of this incredible natural spectacle.
- CHOOSE YOUR SEASON: From hiking mountain trails in summer to spectacular skiing in winter, Banff has access to incredible outdoor activities all year round. While each season has its own appeal, visiting in May to June or September, which are considered off-season, can result in lower prices, fewer crowds and comfortable temperatures.
- GET PROPER PERMISSION: Camping in the backcountry, day-use, fire, dumping and fishing permits are necessary in Banff National Park. Find out at the park visitor information center or area campground staff what you need to do to ensure that all laws are covered.
- BE IN THE KNOW: The Banff Information Centreis an invaluable resource to get area maps and information on the major sites. Surrounded by so much beauty and exciting activities, you may decide to change your plans on the spot.
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
Chance of Rain50°/30°