The Okinawan concept of hospitality or “gusuku” which translates as “castle” or “guest house” has been carefully reflected throughout the property to give it a welcoming sense of place. The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa embodies this spirit through its landscaping and contemporary architectural design which extensively features the Shurijo face motifs, distinctive red clay roof tiles, white walls and holy water ponds. The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa enjoys sweeping panoramic views that overlook the East China Sea and the Kise Country Club. Inspired by the spectacular scenery of ancient forests, manicured golf courses and the sea, the luxurious resort has been designed to be in harmony with its natural surroundings.
Given its location, the restaurant takes its name from “the beautiful rainbow” in Okinawa accent. CHURA-NUHJI will feature classic Italian dining with a focus on the freshest market fish and meat, vegetables and fruit of Okinawa. Guests can enjoy Alfresco dining based on their personal preference. Kise, a Teppan-yaki restaurant will offer local seafood and renowned Okinawan, Kuroge and Wagyu beef. Teppan Chefs will create a sense of theatre in a relaxing environment. Gusuku is a casual dining space to enjoy throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant features a variety of menus including Okinawa cuisine, Japanese and Western cuisine menus. The breakfast buffet offers a variety of small plates and Western style breakfast menu. Guests can also enjoy dining in the terrace space.
Located a short stroll through landscaped gardens is The Ritz-Carlton Spa by ESPA, in its own separate enclave. The Ritz-Carlton Spa by ESPA combines the essence of ancient and modern Chinese, Indian, European and Balinese spa cultures. It uses the luxury ESPA products that harness the best of nature's essential oils, botanicals and marine supplements. The exquisite collection of treatments represents complete care, personalization and the ultimate in luxury. The Spa features four treatment rooms, four dry treatment rooms, outdoor Cabanas offering Shiatsu or Thai massage. It also offers the Heat Experience (Steam Sauna, hot tubs, Stone Sauna with weathered coral tiles). Two special Retreat Suites are also available with their own private decks and stone baths.
The Best Parts of The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
- Jet Skiing
- Jungle Trekking
- Mangrove Kayaking
- Sunset Cruising
- Helicopter Sky Cruising
- Fabric dyeing experience
- Sanshin-playing experience
- Glass Accessory crafting
- Handmade Kaleidoscope
- Pottery Experience
- Original glass creation
- Word Heritage Tour
- Italian Restaurant “CHURA-NUHJI.” Features classic Italian dining with a focus on the freshest market fish and meat, vegetables and fruit of Okinawa.
- Teppanyaki Restaurant, “KISE.” KISE offers a relaxed setting serving the highest quality of meats using Okinawa Kuroge Wagyu Beef, and market fresh sea foods from the local fish market.
- Dining, “Gusuku.” The restaurant features a variety of menus including Okinawa cuisine, Japanese and Western cuisine menus throughout breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- The Lobby Lounge. Guests can enjoy finger foods or partake in the traditional afternoon tea featuring Okinawan taste, and a selection of sweets that uses the finest local ingredients.
- The Bar. Ideal classic bar to enjoy a signature cocktail and selection of Awamori, Okinawa’s own liqueur.
- Library Lounge. Drinks and light meals are available at the Library located in front of the outdoor pool where guests can relax in a comfortable and elegant hideaway.
- Spa Café. Based on the concept of “Healthy, Organic, Tropical and Okinawan,” the Spa café serves light and healthy juices and snacks.
- In-room Dining. Guests have the option of an extensive and delicious in-room dining menu available 24hrs, so that they can enjoy a private dining experience.
- The Ritz-Carlton Spa by ESPA
- Fitness Gym featuring state-of-the-art Techno Gym equipment
- Indoor temperature-controlled pool
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Nail Studio
- Stone sauna made of weathered coral tiles
- Dry sauna made of cedar wood
- Outdoor whirlpool
- Complimentary wired and wireless Internet in guest rooms
- 32 inch LCD Flat-Screen Television
- Deeply Relaxing Tub, Individual Rain-Shower Booth, and Double Sink
- Geneva Sound System and iPod with Pre-Installed Apps/Music
- Fully-stocked refreshment bar
- Delonghi Electric Kettle
- Safety Box
- Toilet with bidet
- Waffle Bath Robes
- Lounging Outfits
- Room Relaxing Outfits
- Nespresso Espresso Machines
- Bedside Lighting Controls
- Hair Dryer