High in the sky above Japan’s busiest city is Park Hyatt Tokyo. With its dramatic perch on the top 14 floors of the 52-storey Shinjuku Park Tower, the hotel affords sweeping views of the city and Mt. Fuji. Conveniently located in the heart of Shinjuku, Tokyo's business and entertainment district and walking distance to Shinjuku Station, the city's major transportation hub, the hotel offers an unparalleled level of comfort and personalised service. Designed primarily as a private urban residence, the hotel’s 177 guestrooms including its 23 suites are distinguished in its modern interior design and private art collection, and acclaimed restaurants including New York Grill & Bar, the landmark venue on the 52nd floor with 360 views of Tokyo, and Club On The Park spa and fitness centre.
Father of modern Japanese architecture and Pritzker Prize-winning architect, the late Dr. Kenzo Tange designed the 235-metre-high building as a three-tower configuration with strong glass pyramidal forms – rising in a succession of summits on the 41st, 47th and 52nd floors – attracting attention and creating an impression of dramatic verticality. Each of the three connecting towers’ dynamic pyramidal atriums house a special feature of the hotel: a bamboo garden occupies the first pyramid; a swimming pool the second; and the acclaimed New York Grill restaurant in the third.
Hong Kong-based, American interior designer John Morford designed Park Hyatt Tokyo to feel like a small, elegant, personal residence within Tange’s bold granite, steel, and glass sculpture. The atmosphere throughout the hotel is modern, contemporary, and understated, with charm and character introduced by carefully chosen furnishings, artefacts and artwork. Morford commissioned internationally acclaimed artists and sculptors to create pieces for the hotel’s unique private art collection. All guestrooms are appointed with original artwork, exquisite woods and fabrics and books for reference and pleasure.
The Best Parts of Park Hyatt Tokyo
- Gym and fitness facilities
- Spa facilities
- Bicycle valet programme
- New York Grill: Dramatically perched on the 52nd floor with floor-to-ceiling glass windows, New York Grill offers breathtaking views of Tokyo, and an international menu featuring a wide selection of prime quality Japanese and imported beef, market fresh seafood and poultry roasted to perfection on the rotisserie.
- Kozue: An exquisite contemporary Japanese restaurant, Kozue offers commanding views of the Kanto Plains and Mount Fuji, and a menu featuring only the finest seasonal ingredients for the hearty, home-style dishes which are uniquely presented on beautiful earthenware, porcelain and lacquerware created by noted Japanese craftsmen.
- Girandole: Relaxed and romantic setting yet full of life in true French brasserie tradition, Girandole offers all day dining and simple, delicious fare that is satisfyingly authentic. In the morning, guests may enjoy a hearty buffet in addition to Western and Japanese style breakfasts.
- The Peak Lounge: The Peak Lounge offers spectacular views of Tokyo, with its skylit bamboo garden making the perfect setting to enjoy luscious desserts and fresh homemade cakes, classical English afternoon tea, light cuisine and cocktails.
- New York Bar: The stunning New York Bar features jazz by top international artists nightly, and offers classic and original cocktails, premium cognac and brandies, and the largest selection of American wines in Japan, in addition to a casual dining menu.
- The Peak Bar: The Peak Bar, with its magical setting of a bamboo garden softly lit by more than fifty washi paper lanterns overlooking a glittering sea of city lights below, offers classic cocktails and light cuisine for the perfect romantic rendezvous.
- Delicatessen: Situated on the first floor of the Shinjuku Park Tower's airy light-filled atrium, Delicatessen is a chic gourmet specialty shop featuring its own original branded items and a showcase replete with the finest cheeses, cold cuts, seafood, salads, sandwiches and desserts.
- Club On The Park: aesthetics and fitness centre
- Seven treatment rooms
- Whirlpools, wet and dry saunas, cold plunge pools
- Fully equipped gymnasium
- Aerobics studio
- Indoor heated swimming pool,
- Library: A private library of fine books on international travel, art and culture is available for all guests in residence
- Wet bar
- 24-hour room service
- Coffee maker
- Cable/satellite TV channels
- Video on demand system
- Stereo system
- DVD player
- Complimentary high-speed Internet access
- Individual air conditioning control
- 24-hour concierge
- Shoeshine service
- In-room safe
- Morning newspaper / E-newspaper
- Welcome amenity
- Crib upon request
- Iron/Ironing board upon request
- Complimentary mobile phone service