Cizhong Village, Deqin County
Diqing Autonomous Prefecture
Yunnan Province, China
Songtsam Lodges is a series of boutique travel lodges in the pristine land of Shangri-la, southwest China. At handpicked locations, all lodges enjoy beautiful natural settings and are equipped with modern facilities. Combining stays at different lodges, one can form a circuit trip to off-the-beaten paths in absolute comfort.
A hundred years ago, French missionaries ventured into landlocked valleys in Yunnan province to share their religion. A century later, the churches that remain in these regions continue to thrive. Cizhong Catholic Church, where service in Tibetan is still held every Sunday, is the most beautiful of these churches, even after many years of disrepair. The church is an ideal venue for a wedding in China with an exotic touch.
The 10-room Songtsam Cizhong lodge sits in this lovely Tibetan village, surrounded by the grapevine-covered slopes of local vineyards.
Songtsam Cizhong is scheduled to open on October 1st, 2013.
- Local catholic village and church visit
- Guided hikes and walks
- Night of Tibetan dancing and bonfire party
- Restaurant serves mainly Chinese cuisine with fusion flavors.
In Room Amenities
- Free broadband and wireless connection
- 24-hour hot water
On Site Amenities
- Lodge-to-lodge transportation
Honeymoon room arrangement with complimentary red wine.
Nearby / Recommended
- Cizhong Catholic Church: Built by French missionaries over a century ago, the church features well-preserved wall paintings.
- Vineyard and lush field by the Lancang Jia river.
Distance from the Airport: Cizhong airport is 3hr/100km to Songtsam Meili. We offer lodge-to-lodge transportation.