Benzilan, Deqin County
Diqing Autonomous District
Yunnan Province, China
Honeymoon Review: Read Here
Songtsam Lodges is a series of boutique travel lodges in the pristine land of Shangri-la, southwest China. At handpicked locations, all lodges enjoy beautiful natural settings and are equipped with modern facilities. Combining stays at different lodges, one can form a circuit trip to off-the-beaten paths in absolute comfort.
Nestled in an intimate green valley by the Yangtze River, Songtsam Benzilan features 10 spacious guest rooms, all decorated in modern Sino-Tibetan style. The lodge is surrounded by authentic white-walled Tibetan homes and has views of a small prayer house that rests atop a hill, making it the perfect serene scene for your honeymoon in China.
It takes only 10 minutes from the busy little town of Benzilan to reach this hidden valley seemingly removed from the outside world. Some of the exquisite antique carpets and furniture displayed in different Songtsam lodges were collected from the villages in this area; and that’s how Baima Dorji found this secret location.
- Free guided walk through Tibetan village
- Dongzhulin Monastery
- Original forest hike
- Tibetan village/family visit
- Tibetan dancing night
- Free afternoon tea
- Valley view restaurant serves mainly Chinese and Tibetan cuisine with fusion flavors.
In Room Amenities
- Free broadband & wireless connection
- In-room safe
- 24-hour hot water
- Heater & air conditioner
On Site Amenities
- Meditation room/library
- Rooftop terrace
- Organic vegetable garden
- Laundry service
- Lodge-to-lodge transportation
Honeymoon room arrangement with complimentary red wine.
Weddings can be customized according to the preferences and requirements of each client. For more information, please contact us using the "Make A Reservation" link at the top of the page.
Nearby / Recommended
- Dongzhulin Monastery: Balancing on a mountain cliff, it's the oldest and the most respected monastery in the area and home to several high lamas (40 minutes by car)
- Handicraft villages of Nixi and Gongjo: Villages where black pottery and lacquered wooden bowls, two essential utensils for Tibetans, are made (40 minutes to 1 hour by car)
- Niding original pine forest (30 minutes by car)
Distance to the Airport: 2.5hr/80km to Diqing Shangri-la airport (Songtsam Shangri-la), 4hr/110km to Songtsam Tacheng. We offer lodge-to-lodge transportation.