Diqing Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture
Yunnan Province, China
Honeymooner Review: Read Here
Songtsam Lodges is a series of boutique travel lodges in the pristine land of Shangri-la, southwest China. At handpicked locations, all lodges enjoy beautiful natural settings and are equipped with modern facilities. Combining stays at different lodges, one can form a circuit trip to off-the-beaten paths in absolute comfort.
Opened in 2001 originally as Songtsam Hotel or Songtsam Lugu Hotel, Songtsam Shangri-la is the flagship lodge of Songtsam Lodges. It has hosted thousands of intrepid travelers from all over the world in the past ten years.
Songtsam Shangri-la (3,290m) is situated right next to the Songzanlin Monastery, 2 minutes on foot from the largest Tibetan monastery in Yunnan province. The lodge is housed in a traditional Tibetan dwelling within this typical, self-sufficient Tibetan farming village where the founder of Songtsam, Baima Dorjie, spent his childhood. The Lamu Yangcuo Lake in front provides a great view in all seasons.
Although most of the rooms are of modest size, they excel in conveying a truly home-like feel. All rooms are decorated in the Tibetan style with modern comforts. The founder of Songtsam handpicked many of the decorative pieces and furniture. Some features are hand-made, such as the copper sinks in the fully renovated bathrooms.
The lodge is 20 minutes from Shangri-la (Diqing) airport, with free airport transportation.
- Guided tour to Songzanlin Monastary
- Guided mountain/valley hikes
- Tibetan village/family visits
- Free afternoon tea
- Tibetan restaurant serves unique Tibetan cuisine as well as Western cuisine with fusion flavors and local ingredients.
In Room Amenities
- Cable/satellite television
- Free Broadband and wireless connection
- In-room safe
- 24-hour hot water
- Heater and air conditioner
On Site Amenities
- Courtyard garden
- Rooftop terrace
- Conference/event room
- Book bar
- Handicraft boutique
- Laundry service
- Lodge-to-lodge transportation
The newly-married always receive special treatment at the Songstam Shangri-la Hotel. For more information, please contact us using the "Make A Reservation" link at the top of the page.
Weddings can be customized according to the preferences and requirements of each client. For more information, please contact us using the "Make A Reservation" link at the top of the page.
Nearby / Recommended
- Songzanlin Monastery: The largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan province (2 minutes by foot)
- Shangri-la old town: Charming small town with boutiques, tea houses and cafes, this district is a former trading center on an ancient Tea and Horse trade road (20 minutes by car)
- Napa Hai Lake: A scenic wetland ideal for biking and bird watching in winter (20 minutes by car)
- Small Shangri-la: A nearby river valley famous for its seasonal flowers and idyllic scenery (40 minutes by car)
Distance to the Airport: Diqing Shangri-la Airport is 10 kilometers away.