Songtsam Lodges is a series of boutique travel lodges in the pristine land of Shangri-la, southwest China. At handpicked locations, all lodges enjoy beautiful natural settings and are equipped with modern facilities. Combining stays at different lodges, one can form a circuit trip to off-the-beaten paths in absolute comfort.
Each year, local Tibetans and global travelers come to worship Kawagebo, the major peak of the Meili Snow Mountain Range and one of the holiest mountains in the larger Tibetan region. Specifically designed as a respite along this spiritual pilgrimage to Kawagebo, the Songtsam Meili lodge was built in an unspoilt village away from any tourists and overlooking the majestic mountains. It is the perfect setting for a honeymoon in China.
Hovering above 3,600 meters, the Songtsam Meili’s 17 guest rooms are furnished with large comfortable beds, sofas, and timber flooring, providing a warm atmosphere that combines rustic charm with modern comforts. Most rooms also feature a cozy fireplace.
The Best Parts of Songtsam Meili
- Fantastic photo opportunity of Meili Snow Mountain Range
- Guided hikes and walks
- Local family visit
- Prayer ceremony
- Night of Tibetan dancing and bonfire party
- Snow Mountain view restaurant serves mainly Tibetan cuisine with fusion flavors.
- Book bar with magnificent view
- Rooftop terrace (Sunrise on Kawagebo)
- Laundry service
- Lodge-to-lodge transportation
- Free broadband and wireless connection
- In-room safe
- 24-hour hot water
- Heater and air conditioner