Set across from the Royal Palace is one of the landmark historic hotels of the legendary Grand Tour of Indochina, Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor first opened its doors in 1932 but the legend lives on today after careful restoration. The hotel is rich in Cambodia history and full of original treasures, right down to the original working cage elevator in the lobby. The hotel’s doorman still welcomes everyone in uniform inspired by the Royal Palace.
With the privilege of over 15 acres of beautifully landscaped French gardens and built around the country’s largest swimming pool, the hotel is a peaceful oasis to which to retreat to after exploring the temples in the UNESCO World Heritage site only 10 minutes from the hotel.
The Best Parts of Raffles Grand Hotel d'Angkor
- Royal Khmer Cooking Class. Put your chef’s hat on and let the hotel’s culinary team share their secrets behind Royal Khmer cuisine; from shopping for the ingredients in the market, to cooking and tasting your creations inside the famed Raffles kitchens! All participants will receive a copy of the ‘Royal Khmer Cuisine’ cookbook from the Raffles collection, a beautifully designed apron, and a certificate of participation.
- Lotus Flower Folding. Explore and learn the art of traditional Khmer with our unique lotus flower folding. The one hour class with our Cambodian florist gives you the opportunity to recreate the details and delicate textures of beautiful lotus arrangements.
Combining the best of the local culture and cuisine with dishes from around the world, each of the hotel’s restaurants and bars has its own unique atmosphere and setting
- Restaurant Le Grand. Showcasing Royal Khmer cuisine and Western fine dining in an elegant setting. The ancient Royal Khmer cuisine has been handed down over centuries by the chefs of the Royal Palace.
- Wine Cellar. one of the finest wine selections in Asia and the guests can choose their favourite vintages or converse with the hotel’s Sommelier to make a new discovery that will match their dining experience and expectations.
- Elephant Bar. No visit to Siem Reap would be complete without enjoying a signature cocktail or cold beer at the famous Elephant Bar.
- Café d'Angkor. Home to the hotel’s signature daily champagne breakfast, the café is open for lunch and dinner with Asian and Continental dishes. Enjoy alfresco dining on the patio overlooking the pool or relax indoors in cool comfort.
- Poolside Terrace. Surrounded by fragrant Frangipani trees, the perfect spot for light meals or cocktails by the pool. The menu also features a selection of Raffles Spa dishes for the more health conscious.
- The Conservatory. A wonderful colonial atmosphere overlooking the pool and gardens, best known for the traditional afternoon tea. Sip on an evening cocktail or aperitif while enjoying music performed by the resident pianist.
- Apsara Terrace. Located in the serene gardens and surrounded by traditional Cambodian boundary stones, guests can enjoy an evening of Cambodia cultural dances, martial arts and history with a sumptuous selection of Khmer and pan-Asian cuisine.
- Romantic Dinner. Celebrate a love story as timeless as Raffles itself, in the historic city of Angkor. Create beautiful, romantic and unforgettable memories with a private dining experience in the heart of our lush garden, in your room balcony, or in one of the mystical temples of Angkor.
- Accommodation. The hotel has 119 rooms and suites: 53 State Rooms; 46 Landmark Rooms; 4 Personality Suites; 6 Colonial Suites; 6 Cabana Suites; 2 Landmark Suites; 2 Two-Bedroom Villas
- Raffles Spa. Just as the lotus blossom unfolds with the gentle caress of the sun and rain, our bodies blossom with nature's healing touch. At Raffles Spa, carefully selected treatments and therapies from around the world are heightened with traditional Khmer touches. Tune up your body in the Fitness Centre, arise with early morning meditation, or enjoy the graceful disciplines of yoga. After an exhilarating visit to the temples, tired muscles are attended to by the hands of the spa’s professional therapists.
- 35-Metre Lap Pool. Inspired by the ancient Royal bathing pools of Angkor, this elegantly designed pool is located in the inner gardens of the hotel and accessible only to guests of the hotel.
- Royal Crusade for Independence Gardens.Take a stroll through the hotel’s 60,000 sqm of landscaped gardens. Enjoy more than 20,540 different species of tropical plants and listen to the calls of exotic birds.
- Restaurants and Bars. Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor has a choice of places to dine which combine the best of local culture and cuisine with dishes from around the world. Each has its own unique atmosphere and setting – something to suit every mood and occasion. Enjoy fine dining with Royal Khmer and western cuisine at Restaurant Le Grand, a signature champagne breakfast or lunch and dinner with Asian and Continental cuisine at Café d’Angkor, a delectable experience at the Poolside Terrace, a pan-Asian barbecue and a majestic performance with Cambodian dances and Khmer martial art at the Aspara Terrace, or see the world go by at The Conservatory, which is renowned for its traditional afternoon tea.
- 24-Hour Room Service. The hotel offers 24-hour in-room dining should you wish to stay out for a late-night walk in the extensive hotel gardens or explore the city beyond. Please look at our Wine & Dine guide for your choice of delicacies.
- Airport Limousine Service. Arrive in style with the chauffeured limousine service. Please make your reservations in advance.
- Concierge Services. The helpful Concierge is available around the clock to organize temple tours and guides, provide flight reconfirmation services, shipping services and general information about the happenings in Siem Reap.
- Raffles Butler Service. Legendary for delivering warm and graceful service, Raffles butlers are available round-the-clock at Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor to meet every request.
- Private balcony (some State Rooms and all Landmark Rooms and all suites)
- Larger or separate living room (Suites)
- Ceiling fans
- Polished wooden floors
- Fully-equipped mini bar
- Large working desk
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Personal safe
- Individually controlled air-conditioning
- State Rooms with separate bathtub and shower room
- Landmark Rooms historic bathtub with shower room
- Separate bathtub and shower room (Suites)
- Historic bathtub with shower room (Personality Suites)
- Hand-made silk bathrobe
- Raffles signature bathroom amenities
- Complimentary Internet Access
- Complimentary Daily e-Newspaper via Press Reader
- 42” flat screen LCD televisions with cable channels
- Two-line telephone
- Raffles butler service
- Morning coffee wake up service
- Complimentary bottled water
- 24-hour in-room dining
- Fresh tropical fruits, replenished daily
- Laundry and dry cleaning service available at a charge
- ExploreAngkor temples with Grasshopper Adventures (Bicycle) or Vespa Adventures (Motorbike) or Jeep
- Golf. Raffles Grand Hotel d’Angkor is a proud partner of Cambodia’s premier golf course, the award winning Angkor Golf Resort, located on the outskirts of Siem Reap, 20 minutes drive from the hotel.
- Phare, the Cambodian Circus. Siem Reap's most unique, authentic, top rated evening entertainment. More than just a circus, Phare performers use theater, music, dance and modern circus arts to tell uniquely Cambodian stories; historical, folk and modern. The young circus artists will astonish you with their energy, emotion, enthusiasm and talent.
- Angkor National Museum. Opened in 2007, Angkor National Museum is a state-of-the-art showcase for the Khmer civilisation and the majesty of Angkor. Presentations in the either galleries include touch screen video and commendatory, with display themed by era, religion and royalty.