Open to the Kruger National Park and playing host to Africa's Big Five is Motswari Private Game Reserve. One of South Africa's jewels nestled within the Timbavati Nature Reserve, sharing an open boundary with the Kruger National Park , this family-owned and operated luxury safari lodge prides itself on its warm atmosphere and luxurious accommodation. The name Motswari means "to conserve and protect" in Tswana and the owners have held the name to be a promise to each of their future friends who arrive to share in the splendour of an African sunset at this vintage bush lodge.
Motswari Game Lodge accommodates no more than 30 guests at any one time,
providing a more serene environment for our visitor's African experience. With 16
uxury-appointed en-suite bungalows, each with air-conditioning, and all offering
unrivalled bush views, guests enjoy a high level of comfort which complements our level of service excellence. Geiger's Camp can accommodate 10 guests in 5 luxury en-suite, air-conditioned and fully serviced bedrooms.
Getting close to the untouched wildlife that South Africa is famed for on an African
wildlife safari, is what Motswari is really all about. All of Africa's Big Five are abundant in the area, as are countless numbers of other naturally-occuring African Plains Game which traverse the open boundary between Motswari and the Kruger National Park. Our guides are residents of the area and have, in addition to the scientific knowledge that we encourage them to attain, an intimate knowledge of the location and wildlife that comes from a lifetime of co-existence with their surroundings.
The Best Parts of Motswari Private Game Reserve
- Morning and evening game drives in open Land Rovers with professional field guides and trackers
- Mid-morning bush walks
- Safari walks in lieu of morning game drives
- Overnight Walking Safaris (additional cost)
- Giraffe’s Nest Hide sleep-outs (additional cost)
- Restaurant on site
- Swimming pool
- Boma & bush dinners
- Pre-lunch safari interest talks
- Curio shop
- Brunch, high tea (late lunch) and dinner
- Library & Art Gallery with 24-hour internet facility
- Fully equipped air-conditioned conference room for 20 delegates
- Additional vehicle/guide can be arranged for extra cost per day - covers 2 game drives daily
- Individually adjustable air-conditioning
- Tea & coffee making facilities