10802 Steenberg Estate
Tokai Road, Constantia
7945 Cape Town, South Africa
Honeymooner Review: Read Here
This five-star boutique hotel is nestled in the tranquil Constantia Valley, against the slopes of the Constantiaberg Mountain Range. The hotel buildings, dating back to 1682, were painstakingly restored and have been declared a National Monument (the Steenberg is the oldest farm in Constantia Valley). Here the legendary elegance and traditions of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the most refined luxurious conveniences of modern age. The Steenberg also boasts a state-of-the-art winery, producing some of the country’s finest wines, as well as an 18-hole championship golf course.
There are 21 guest rooms and three Heritage suites to choose from within the original buildings: the Manor House, Jonkershuis (young man’s house) and the Barn. The original wine cellar is now Catharina’s restaurant, one of Cape Town’s best. The sleek interior of the restaurant complements its historic Cape Dutch architecture and echoes its African roots with locally custom-made timber furniture and tactile fabrics in rich earthy tones.
The expanded windows and doors offer sweeping views of False Bay, the surrounding mountains, and the sculpture-filled vineyards and gardens of the hotel. Guests can wander into Cape Town’s city center with a hotel transfer or relax in the hotel’s luxurious spa or in one of the two swimming pools on site.
- Swimming pool
- 18-hole Championship Golf Course
- Wine tasting
- Constantia bike tour
- Customized hiking, walking and kayaking excursions
- Bird watching
- Pool Bar
- Transfers to Cape Town’s city center
- Catharina’s – This fine dining restaurant has a contemporary feel and spectacular views of the surrounding vineyards, lush Constantia Valley and False Bay. Expect South African cuisine with exceptional flavors.
- BistroSixteen82 – This bistro-style cellar door restaurant and wine tasting venue complements Catharina’s with its eclectic design features and an open flow plan. Expect tapas, bistro-style cuisine and sumptuous breakfasts.
- Gorgeous by Graham Beck – This is South Africa’s first brand-exclusive champagne bar where guests can opt to linger in the comfortable lounge-style area or alongside the bar while indulging in canapés.
In Room Amenities
- En-suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Fully stocked mini-bar
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Satellite television
On Site Amenities
- Overnight laundry service
- Hair salon
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- “Steenberg Honeymooners Delight”
~Standard luxury room for two people sharing, for two nights
~Special surprise honeymoon turndown on the first evening
~Bubbly tasting, including a canapé selection for two at Gorgeous by Graham Beck,
followed by a three-course dinner set menu at Catharina’s Restaurant
~Wine tasting and cellar tour at the Steenberg Winery, followed by a picnic or tapas at
~Complimentary transfers to restaurants and shops within a 5km radius
Rates start at $364* per person sharing per two-night package, depending on the season. Full rates and complete terms and conditions available on our website.
* Based upon the exchange rate between the USD and South African Rand 12/11/12
Nearby / Recommended
- Walking tour in Kalk Bay – Kalk Bay is a fishing village on the coast of False Bay, and is now a suburb of greater Cape Town
- Surf lessons in Muizenberg – Muizenberg is a beach-side suburb of Cape Town, and is situated where the shore of the Cape Peninsula curves round to the east on the False Bay Coast. It is considered to be the birthplace of surfing in South Africa.
- Walks in Table Mountain National Park – This park contains two well-known landmarks: Table Mountain, which gives one of Africa’s most epic views (also named one of the new 7 Wonders of Nature), and the Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern extremity of Africa.
- Bike & Saddle bicycle tours through Constantia, departing from the Steenberg – Making the most of Steenberg’s idyllic location against the backdrop of Stone Mountain, two bike trails have been mapped out for Steenberg guests. These trails go through Constantia Valley and include visits to some of the neighboring wineries and tourist attractions, including Groot Constantia, Klein Constantia, Buitenverwachting, Constantia Glen and Beau Constantia (Constantia is the oldest vineyard region in the Western Cape).
Distance to the Airport: 20 minutes