This five-star boutique hotel is nestled in the tranquil Constantia Valley, against the slopes of the Constantiaberg Mountain Range. The hotel buildings, dating back to 1682, were painstakingly restored and have been declared a National Monument (the Steenberg is the oldest farm in Constantia Valley). Here the legendary elegance and traditions of the 17th century blend harmoniously with the most refined luxurious conveniences of modern age. The Steenberg also boasts a state-of-the-art winery, producing some of the country’s finest wines, as well as an 18-hole championship golf course.
There are 21 guest rooms and three Heritage suites to choose from within the original buildings: the Manor House, Jonkershuis (young man’s house) and the Barn. The original wine cellar is now Catharina’s restaurant, one of Cape Town’s best. The sleek interior of the restaurant complements its historic Cape Dutch architecture and echoes its African roots with locally custom-made timber furniture and tactile fabrics in rich earthy tones.
The expanded windows and doors offer sweeping views of False Bay, the surrounding mountains, and the sculpture-filled vineyards and gardens of the hotel. Guests can wander into Cape Town’s city center with a hotel transfer or relax in the hotel’s luxurious spa or in one of the two swimming pools on site.
The Best Parts of Steenberg Hotel
- Swimming pool
- 18-hole Championship Golf Course
- Wine tasting
- Constantia bike tour
- Customized hiking, walking and kayaking excursions
- Bird watching
- Pool Bar
- Transfers to Cape Town’s city center
- Catharina’s – This fine dining restaurant has a contemporary feel and spectacular views of the surrounding vineyards, lush Constantia Valley and False Bay. Expect South African cuisine with exceptional flavors.
- BistroSixteen82 – This bistro-style cellar door restaurant and wine tasting venue complements Catharina’s with its eclectic design features and an open flow plan. Expect tapas, bistro-style cuisine and sumptuous breakfasts.
- Gorgeous by Graham Beck – This is South Africa’s first brand-exclusive champagne bar where guests can opt to linger in the comfortable lounge-style area or alongside the bar while indulging in canapés.
- Overnight laundry service
- Hair salon
- Complimentary Wi-fi
- En-suite bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Fully stocked mini-bar
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Satellite television