Offbeat Meru Camp
Bisanadi National Reserve, Kenya
Honeymooner Review: Read Here
Offbeat Meru camp is small and traditional. Located on the edge of Meru National Park in the Bisanadi National Reserve, the camp is in a stunning location overlooking the Bisanadi River with a beautiful riverine forest.
The camp consists of only six tents, each furnished with a large iron bed, its own en-suite bathroom, traditional hot bucket showers and flushing loo. In addition, there is 24 hour solar lighting in the tents, while the rest of the camp is lit by traditional 'tilly' lamps. Informal dining is hosted in the mess tent or around the campfire; the cooks here are quite brilliant. Adjacent to this is a spacious living room tent with comfortable sofas, a writing table and bar.
Days are tailored to suit guest's requirements. Activities include day and evening game drives, bush breakfasts and sundowners, evening walks with armed guards, fishing in the local rivers and visits to the local Boran community. This area of Kenya gets quite hot during the dry season. After an active morning in the bush there's no better feeling than coming back to camp and cooling off in the stunning infinity swimming pool watching the wildlife as it comes to drink from the Bisanadi River below you. Your honeymoon in Africa could be the safari of a lifetime at Offbeat Meru Camp.
- Game drives
- Bush walks with expert guides
- Bush breakfasts
- Local school visits
- Visits to the local Boran cultural center
- Mess tent dining area: Informal dining at a large dining table. Couples have the option of dining at a separate romantic table under the stars (weather permitting)
In Room Amenities
- Solar-powered lighting
- Large vanity table
On Site Amenities
- Swimming pool
- Large communal living room tent with a small library
Nearby / Recommended
- Visit the Rhino Sanctuary: 72 mixed white and black Rhinos only half an hour’s drive away from camp...It is a well-worthwhile trip!
Distance From the Airport: About half an hour, depending on road conditions.