Home to Ida and Filip Andersson, Kinondo Kwetu is often described as a ‘home away from home’ - a paradise for those wanting a more personal experience on the Kenyan coast. Located on a tranquil private beach south of Diani, distanced from residential neighbours by rocky cliffs and endless beach, Kinondo Kwetu is classified as a ‘Kaya’ area (protected by the National Museum) due to its surrounding holy forests and sacred land.
With various forms of accommodation, all surrounded by green shady gardens and just a few steps from the white sandy beach, Kinondo Kwetu can cater for up to 38 people and is also able to facilitate exclusive use of selected parts of the hotel.
In addition to relaxing in the sun and swimming in the Indian Ocean, Kinondo Kwetu offers an impressive selection of exciting activities – ranging from watersports such as Kite Surfing, deep sea fishing and Scuba Diving, to land activities such as Game Drives, Horse Riding and Yoga weeks.
The Best Parts of Kinondo Kwetu
- Dhow Sailing
- Trips to the Marine Park
- Waterskiing & Wakeboarding
- Scuba Diving
- Deep-Sea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Trips to Shimba Hills National Park
- Shopping & sightseeing visits to Ukunda and Mombasa
- Kaya Kinondo forest walk
- Beauty treatments
There isn't an official restaurant at Kinondo Kwetu, but there is an excellent chef and wait staff that serves three meals a day in various areas of the hotel. We like guests to enjoy their meals and the property by surprising them with different locations such as:
- The Water Tower. Guests can enjoy a private lantern lit dinner at the very top of our water tower overlooking the Indian Ocean. Nestled amongst cushions and dining at a low lying table it is the perfect romantic setting.
- The Beach. Where clients can dip their toes in the sand and enjoy the sound of the crashing waves hitting the shore line.
- The Garden. Seated beneath the palm trees.
- The Dhow Boat. Dine on the water in a rustic Dhow Boat.
- The Sandy Spot. A lantern-lit location perfect for honeymooners.
- Two swimming pools
- Tennis court
- Two massage locations
- Stables (5 Horses)
- Two horse paddocks
- Two speed boats
- Internet - Wi-Fi
- Small boutique
- Yoga platform
We have a barefoot luxury at Kinondo Kwetu with large baths and open showers. Any extra amenities can be arranged specially at our clients’ request.