Concierge Favorites: Best Couples Activities in Kauai
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- August 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- April 2010
- February 2010
- January 2010
- December 2009
- November 2009
- October 2009
- September 2009
- August 2009
- February 2009
Few honeymoon destinations rival Kauai for great outdoor activities. To help you choose the most enjoyable activities for a honeymoon in Kauai, we asked concierges at Kauai’s major resorts for their top picks. Here are their favorites:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa:
1. Helicopter Ride – See this island paradise from an all-new angle, from the back of a helicopter showing you everything from the most romantic perspective you can imagine. Try Safari Helicopters for a great experience.
2. Catamaran/Raft Trip – Feel the thrill of rushing tropical waters and share a couples’ experience you’ll never forget! Check out Holo Holo Charters for trip plans.
3. Tandem Kayak to Secret Falls – Take your lover on a kayak journey to some of the island’s most magnificent cataracts at Secret Falls. Adventures Paradise can help you plan.
- St. Regis Princeville Resort:
1. Try a boat ride across the incredible Napoli Coast with Holo Holo Charters.
2. Sunset dinner – Reserve a table at the Beach House Restaurant and bask in tropical romance with a dinner at sunset under swaying palms overlooking the Pacific.
3. Get intimate and relax with a couples’ massage at the on-site spa. What better way to experience the island than to slow down and be pampered together?
- Sheraton Kauai Resort:
1. ATV Tours – See the island up-close and experience the thrill of off-road ATV-ing in a tropical wonderland with your soulmate hugged close. Try Adventures Paradise for plans, rates and thrilling honeymoons in Kauai.
2. Romantic Luau – Party Polynesian-style with a bonafide local Luau. Dance the night away and celebrate in the local flavor, loving one another like true Hawaiian islanders.
3. Tubing – See the plants and animals of the island while learning more about everything it holds, all from the vantage point of a lazy river tube. Dip in a mountain stream and picnic in paradise with a couples’ tubing adventure.
- Wyndham Kauai Beach Villas:
1. Boat tours – See the island from a chartered boat and enjoy a romantic trip with flora, fauna and vistas galore.
2. Sunset Dinner – With few things more romantic than a tropical dinner at sunset, this activity is a sure-fire hit for honeymooners and couples finding their way to Kauai.
3. Helicopter Tour – This has been recommended by many of the island’s top concierges for a reason! It’s a breathtaking experience you and your other half will never forget on your honeymoon in Kauai.
- Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club:
1. Tandem Ziplining – Strap in, and zip down a cable hovered over some of the island’s most magnificent views. Almost like a helicopter tour, but without the helicopter! Just you and your loved one harnessed in, flying like birds over tropical jungles and cascading waterfalls.
2. Bike Tour – Volcanoes, beaches and jungles, oh my! Couples can tour this incredible island by bike and see up-close and personal everything it offers. With more thrill than a hike and more detail than a zipline, bike tours are great for fit couples looking to get closer to Kauai.
3. Sunset Dinner – The sun always sets prettier over paradise…Cliches exist for a reason, and we can think of none more justified than the classic sunset dinner. It’s another definite concierge favorite. Relax, breathe the island air and treat yourselves to the natural wonder of a perfect sunset over a romantic Kauai dinner.